Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOHELA erasing late payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOHELA erasing late payments

I had been around four months late in paying my student loans, but I've been paying every month on time for three years. Now I'm about to apply for a home loan, so I sent MOHELA a letter asking if they'd consider removing the late payments. They agreed and have marked those months as current and updated the major credit bureaus!

Now I am saving thousands of dollars on our upcoming mortgage

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MOHELA erasing late payments

Wow - congratulations.  They won't budge with me.  Who did you send the letter to?  How many lates and how severe were they?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MOHELA erasing late payments

@Anonymous wrote:

I had been around four months late in paying my student loans, but I've been paying every month on time for three years. Now I'm about to apply for a home loan, so I sent MOHELA a letter asking if they'd consider removing the late payments. They agreed and have marked those months as current and updated the major credit bureaus!

Now I am saving thousands of dollars on our upcoming mortgage

I would also like to know what words you used and who you directed the to. I am looking for a home loan in the future too and could not get Mohela to budge on my last 3 attempts. Please share, you would be my hero!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.