Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CAPITAL ONE GW LETTER WORKED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY CAPITAL ONE GW LETTER WORKED!!!!

I got this letter from someone on this forum, I think it was from Arowette..

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this letter from someone on this forum, I think it was from Arowette..

Oh yeah, i think that's who it was!  Nice to see you actually acted on it instead of just saving it to your desktop like I did. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 39
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Great news! Congrats.

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just finally modified my version of the letter, quite extensively because I had a different issue and more stuff to explain but hopefully it works for me too!  I probably should have attempted this a while ago but figured I should wait a couple months after 'settling' the charge-off in question, I think the collections attorneys swindled me into paying a settlement amount that did nothing more than subtract from the balance and still retained the charge-off status, that seems pretty unethical to me.

I thought it would stop reporting as "C/O" status after settling it but it's being reported as such 2 months later still.

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking from experience here.. Keep it short, be pertinent and be kind. Don't send a letter in that 200 people before you already sent. Most importantly, be real to your personal situation at the time. Make sure it's different than anyone else's. Make the reader feel for you.......

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Speaking from experience here.. Keep it short, be pertinent and be kind. Don't send a letter in that 200 people before you already sent. Most importantly, be real to your personal situation at the time. Make sure it's different than anyone else's. Make the reader feel for you.......

That's what I tried to do, hopefully it worked or at least gets the ball rolling on a resolution, good advice!

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I tried to do, hopefully it worked or at least gets the ball rolling on a resolution, good advice!

When did you send it and how did you send it?

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon all.

I tried something close to this model, and right now it isn't working for me.

I have about 4 late payments from 2012 and 2013, and I'm trying to get it removed.

Can someone help and provide me a sugesstion (PM) of course to see how I can get these 4 late payments removed.

Many Thanks!

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When did you send it and how did you send it?

Oh I just sent it an hour or so ago, I sent it to an executive email address I got from another member as suggested by others who have done this through email, if I get no feedback or anything within a week or two I'll probably send it through the postal system but it's not a hugely pressing issue as I never really expected it to go away completely but I'd love to be an exception. 

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to take that email address off the forum here as quickly as possible. I asked "How" meaning email, snail mail?? Not to who.  

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.