cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CREDIT SCORE JUST WENT UO 20 POINTS...

tag
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

MY CREDIT SCORE JUST WENT UO 20 POINTS...

Hi, I could'nt believe it last week when I went to Credit Karma and the credit score said 650.I'v been a steady 630 for about a year.So,after that shock I went to Capital One cc website last week and it said 630.This week I checked Credit Karma and it's still 650.I checked Capital One it's updated to my surprise 650.Last year when I started my credit repair I paid for a Myfico TransUnion credit score and it was 630.The same as Credit Karma 630 back then.I know CK and CO are for the most part facos and great for monitoring.I have had no significant changes in my credit.The only things I am focused on is paying down debt,never being late and new positive credit.I can only imagine that this dramatic increase could increase real points onto my real Myfico credit score.I don't plan on paying for the Myfico cs until next year sometime,but I am happy for the improvement.I still have a long way to go.I just want pass along the good news.

DIYcredit

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Re: MY CREDIT SCORE JUST WENT UO 20 POINTS...

Great attitude, congrats!!

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DIYcredit wrote:

Hi, I could'nt believe it last week when I went to Credit Karma and the credit score said 650.I'v been a steady 630 for about a year.So,after that shock I went to Capital One cc website last week and it said 630.This week I checked Credit Karma and it's still 650.I checked Capital One it's updated to my surprise 650.Last year when I started my credit repair I paid for a Myfico TransUnion credit score and it was 630.The same as Credit Karma 630 back then.I know CK and CO are for the most part facos and great for monitoring.I have had no significant changes in my credit.The only things I am focused on is paying down debt,never being late and new positive credit.I can only imagine that this dramatic increase could increase real points onto my real Myfico credit score.I don't plan on paying for the Myfico cs until next year sometime,but I am happy for the improvement.I still have a long way to go.I just want pass along the good news.

DIYcredit

Grats on the increase, remember those scores (CK & Cap-1) are the same Fako and are not representative of your true Fico scores. Paying down your utilization on each card and overall is going to be raising your Fico and you most likely will see no movement on those Fakos. That CK score BTW is the TU New Accounts model and no lender uses it to approve credit. Keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Keep it up. You're going in the right direction. Congrats

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that CK also did a website change and I believe they changed their algorithm also as my score dropped about 20 points just by the website changing over to the new website. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep in mind that CK also did a website change and I believe they changed their algorithm also as my score dropped about 20 points just by the website changing over to the new website. 

Mine was just the opposite - it jumped about 26 points with the new algorithm. For me it seems to be closer to my actual FICO 04 scores.

Message 6 of 8
Cageym
Established Contributor

Great news, and who cares if it's a FAKO, it's a morale booster. Smiley Happy I posted this awhile ago and maybe it'll help someone who is focusing on the points and not the journey. Enjoy: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/For-all-those-rebuilding-don-t-sweat-the-poin...

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine was just the opposite - it jumped about 26 points with the new algorithm. For me it seems to be closer to my actual FICO 04 scores.

Mine went from 712 to 692. My TU fico is 691 so it's pretty close. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.