Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY GW SUCCESS LIST FOR TODAY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY GW SUCCESS LIST FOR TODAY

Ok Folks, this is going to be a loooong list...
and I hate to brag (actually, I'm enjoying the HECK out of it! ha!) but here goes....

2 med collections PIF in Feb w/ Absolute Collect: DELETE FROM CR word was sent on 8 Apr

LVNV PIF in Feb: DELETE FROM CR should update by 30 Apr

CMC PIF in 2006: DELETE FROM CR in process right now (I accepted their profuse apologies about how it never should have even been on CR)

5 med collections PIF today with Rowan Collection: DELETE FROM CR in exchange for PIF word will be sent today

1 med collection with Jon Barry & Associates: DELETE FROM CR got word yesterday

WOOOOOHHHH!!! what a good day!

Message Edited by ivyalmighty on 04-11-2008 11:10 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY GW SUCCESS LIST FOR TODAY

mods can you please move this to the General Credit forum? I posted in the wrong place & don't know how to fix it :\
Message 2 of 17
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

good stuff!!

but the real question is... how much did it impact your score??
11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding-

won't know til next month. these are the prelims from the CAs themselves. Still waiting for all of it to hit FICO...

I'll be sure to tell everyone when I find out!!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take you to receive a letter from CA's from GW and PFD letters?
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ant-

I have never waited for CAs to write me back or call me.

Wrote/mailed letters for GW after PIF on 25 Mar. Called to f/u last week (3-4 Apr) and ensure letters had been received, check status. All were received, all were being considered. Called back all today to check again.

I am a tremendously impatient person Smiley Happy And I know that getting familiar & comfy w/ a company helps get things done... tossing around a couple names "oh what's your name? How's Tameka, I usually speak to her, she's been helping me out with this..." that kind of thing.

For the PFD I got today, it is a series of 5 med bills. I originally called the OC last month, asked about PFD. CSR said they are with CA, she can't help me. I called CA, asked if I could get a PFD on a payment plan (delete each acc't as I pay it off). CA said they couldn't do that, but once I PIF all 5 collections they would contact OC about deleting from CR. So I paid off two on the spot (make a gesture to show I"m serious about this) and then waited a few weeks. Called back OC today, mentioned again I want to PIF all accounts, I went through a really hard time (really did. I mentioned the bank robbery my ex was involved in, and it's a small town where this hospital town so the CSR gasped in surprise b/c she remembers the robbery...) and had to disappear to get away from the ex. I also made it clear I had already brought this up to the CA & the CA agreed, jsut said they would need OC's permission.. **thinking this was key, as it's easier to agree when someone else has already approved the idea..** She got her supervisor on the phone & he approved the whole thing. Asked him to email me confirmation, for my records.. ALWAYS say "for my records" don't tip them off you'll use it to hold their feet to the fire later if necessary... and now it's a done deal.

I know everyone says never talk to a CA, but I've alwasy had the most luck talking on the phone, as opposed to letters only. Phone, followed up by letters, followed up by more phone, seems to be the best approach.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok Folks, this is going to be a loooong list...
and I hate to brag (actually, I'm enjoying the HECK out of it! ha!) but here goes....

2 med collections PIF in Feb w/ Absolute Collect: DELETE FROM CR word was sent on 8 Apr

LVNV PIF in Feb: DELETE FROM CR should update by 30 Apr

CMC PIF in 2006: DELETE FROM CR in process right now (I accepted their profuse apologies about how it never should have even been on CR)

5 med collections PIF today with Rowan Collection: DELETE FROM CR in exchange for PIF word will be sent today

1 med collection with Jon Barry & Associates: DELETE FROM CR got word yesterday

WOOOOOHHHH!!! what a good day!

Message Edited by ivyalmighty on 04-11-2008 11:10 AM

Hey Ivy. Working with LVNV now. Who did you send the GW to? Thanks!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

maestro- LVNV doesn't accept GW or PFD agreements.. but, from the mouths of their own CSRs, I was told that once you pay, they don't care about keeping it on your CR. Just PIF and then dispute it, and they will delete it that way. I took their word for it, paid the account, and they deleted right away after I disputed, as they said they would.
They said this is their policy for all accounts. No GW, no PFD -- nothing that they could be held accountable later, lol..
Message 8 of 17
adamseve
Established Contributor

I used to think I was good on the phone, but you've got this down to a "T".

I'm going to follow up with my PFDs tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, I'm going to get to writing my GW letter to Tidewater Credit.  We had a string of back luck at the end of 2006 and had a few lates.  I spoke with them on yesterday, but Mr. Foreman (he said it's really his name) wouldn't budge even though I explained about the reasons for the lates, etc.  We did get on their Fresh Start program so they're reporting current, but the lates are still showing on EQ & EX.  So, they're going to be bombarded with letters every week until they give in.  We owe less than $300 on this account so I'm hoping to get it paid off early next month.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ivy! I've already paid; I'll try that. So did you dispute with the CRA or did you DV them?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.