Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

Approved for the store card exactly 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge, hard pull on Experian.

I did burn Macy's in my chapter 7 for about $300

I was really surprised that they let me back in so soon, same $300 credit limit. Since my scores are up, i went ahead and re-applied after using the card for 6-months hoping to get the Macys AMEX and that came back as a NEGATIVE.  Also tried for a soft pull CLI, that was a denial too.  Oh well, ill just be thankfull that they let me back in.  Much better than being blacklisted like with Barclays.

3 REPLIES 3
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

Congrats on getting back with them and for the same limit!

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer approval!

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for the store card exactly 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge, hard pull on Experian.

I did burn Macy's in my chapter 7 for about $300

I was really surprised that they let me back in so soon, same $300 credit limit. Since my scores are up, i went ahead and re-applied after using the card for 6-months hoping to get the Macys AMEX and that came back as a NEGATIVE.  Also tried for a soft pull CLI, that was a denial too.  Oh well, ill just be thankfull that they let me back in.  Much better than being blacklisted like with Barclays.

Its likely going to take a few years of history and a good rebuild underway before they approve the AMEX version. Barclays will also most likely let you in at some point post CH7 just depends on how big the hit was that they took.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.