cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

Approved for the store card exactly 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge, hard pull on Experian.

I did burn Macy's in my chapter 7 for about $300

I was really surprised that they let me back in so soon, same $300 credit limit. Since my scores are up, i went ahead and re-applied after using the card for 6-months hoping to get the Macys AMEX and that came back as a NEGATIVE.  Also tried for a soft pull CLI, that was a denial too.  Oh well, ill just be thankfull that they let me back in.  Much better than being blacklisted like with Barclays.

Chapter 7 Discharged 09/15/2016
$0 Debt Reported
Lease: Luxury Condo Rental Approved
| Apple Card $250 | Ebay Mastercard $500 | Macy's $300 | Express Next $250 | Paypal Mastercard $300 | Discover It $1000 | CareCredit $2400 | Firestone CFNA $2400 | Walmart $950 | AMEX Blue Cash $1000 | Credit One Visa $500 | Avant Mastercard $500 | Mission Lane Visa $500 | Target $300 |
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Member

Re: Macy's - Approved 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge

Congrats on getting back with them and for the same limit!

Message 2 of 4
Super Contributor

Congrats on yer approval!

Message 3 of 4

@vegasdude21 wrote:

Approved for the store card exactly 2.5 years post chapter 7 discharge, hard pull on Experian.

I did burn Macy's in my chapter 7 for about $300

I was really surprised that they let me back in so soon, same $300 credit limit. Since my scores are up, i went ahead and re-applied after using the card for 6-months hoping to get the Macys AMEX and that came back as a NEGATIVE.  Also tried for a soft pull CLI, that was a denial too.  Oh well, ill just be thankfull that they let me back in.  Much better than being blacklisted like with Barclays.

Its likely going to take a few years of history and a good rebuild underway before they approve the AMEX version. Barclays will also most likely let you in at some point post CH7 just depends on how big the hit was that they took.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.