cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's / Bloomingdale's Credit Card / Northland Group -- Please Help!!

tag
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Macy's / Bloomingdale's Credit Card / Northland Group -- Please Help!!

Has anybody had any recent success with either of these companies? I understand that PFD may be too difficult. I am looking to settle these rather soon as they have not been sold off but continue to report against my utilization. I owe Macy's approximately $710 and Bloomingdales $475. What type of offer is standard? I spoke with the Northland Group who is collecting on it and they offered 50% for Settled in Full. Please Help!! I am past the SOL for civil litigation but still about 18 months from having these fall off. Regardless, I would like to cure these balances so that I may one day in the future, have a credit card from them.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's / Bloomingdale's Credit Card / Northland Group -- Please Help!!

If you were to settle vs. PIF on these accounts, would it affect your chances of being able to get another DSNB card in the future? 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 5
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Im not sure. I didnt ask them. Both accounts are handled by The Northland Group. I would like to reestablish with them. They used to have an amnesty program where they would give you a new line of credit matching the amount of the PAID chargeoff. I have been told this program no longer exists Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 3 of 5
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Check your pm.

Message 4 of 5
ChangeIsPossible
Contributor

Any success with getting this handled or anyone have any information? I owe Macys $282 and currently trying to clean up my credit. I called and spoke with different CSR's and was told that the amnesty program is no more. I plan on paying in full and then seeing if I can send a GW letter and get TL cleaned up! Any info

Starting Score: 467 (Dec '13)
Current Score: 670 (Jul '14)
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.