Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys reported dispute after GW attempt

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Macys reported dispute after GW attempt

I just got an alert that my report has changed. I sent a GW letter to Macys asking them to excuse the 30 day late I had when I was unemployed. I never recieved a response from them but now my report has been updated to current, with a 60 day late in my history and that I dispute the information.

I never disputed it I just begged for a deletion. What should be my next step?

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys reported dispute after GW attempt

Anytime you disagree with the way something is reported, they consider that a dispute and will update the TL to reflect that. The only way to have this remove is to call 1-800-627-2909 and request that they remove the dispute status from your account, as you do not dispute it. This could be your chance to also request a GW removal of the 30-60 day late.

Message 2 of 7
pr0blumz
New Contributor

Were you ever 60 days late?
Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@pr0blumz wrote:

I think the OP covered this. They were late.. they were only asking that Macy's might remove the late as a good will gesture... 

Message 4 of 7
evil_ducky
Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@pr0blumz wrote:

I think the OP covered this. They were late.. they were only asking that Macy's might remove the late as a good will gesture... 

OP mentioned a 30-day late, not a 60-day. So I'm a little unclear as well.

Message 5 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@evil_ducky wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

@pr0blumz wrote:

OP mentioned a 30-day late, not a 60-day. So I'm a little unclear as well.

Ahhh, I see now! I apologize.. My eyes are getting tired and my mind is getting ornery. I should take a zen time out. Smiley Happy  Sounds odd they would update it with a 60 when they thought it was a 30. Very odd indeed. 

I would personally just call them and ask to speak to someone who might give them more info.

Message 6 of 7
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Thanks for the advice I will call tonight. It was 41 days late when I brought it current. I will ask them to remove all together but at the very least report accurately at 30 day late. Right now it says "not more than 2 payments passed due"

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.