Valued Contributor

Re: Madmann26's rebuild thread

I sure hope so.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 61 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Confirmed that A-1 Collection Service (member of the TRAF Group) kept their word and removed the CA as of today. This was an account that I did PFD in full for.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 62 of 167
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Madmann - I see that you had to deal with Hunter Warfield. I moved out of an apartment last year and had a remaining balance. I couldn't pay it all at once, which the apartment complex required, so they told me to let it go to the collection agent. They said that the CA would allow me to make payments and wouldn't report to my CR. Hunter Warfield verified what my apartment complex said. I paid off the balance in 2-3 months and that was that. Now, they are showing as a paid collection account on my CR. I mailed a GW letter earlier this week. Think that will help? How were they to work with?

Message 63 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Electra:

It was finally removed sometime in the last 48 hours. What was it worth?

44 FICO points.

I am now collection account free. Damn it feels good.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 64 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Just for someone else's knowledge, that is 107 points gained since August 2012 when I started my journey.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 65 of 167
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome work madman!!!!!!   You rock!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 66 of 167
electra
Established Contributor

Wow, that IS a big jump! Congrats!!   And having a clean slate must feel awesome!

Message 67 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@electra wrote:

Wow, that IS a big jump! Congrats!!   And having a clean slate must feel awesome!

Electra,

It does feel rather good. It's interesting, that 44 point jump was because the last CA was removed and I was reporting 72% util (it's now 6%). Next month should be a very good month score wise.

Thanks for everyone who has helped in the past.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 68 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I have to add in this,

I'm also working on my wife's credit report. We shared this last CA that was removed recently. I got an alert that her score had changed and when I logged in to check, I was astounded at what I found.

Her previous score was 631. When I looked after the alert came out, it's now 667! That is a 36 point bump!

We look to be in the 700 club very, very soon.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 69 of 167
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

AWESOME, brother! ^5

If you dont mind me asking, what EQ FICO range were you when you apped the NFCU unsecured (3k CL)? they keep shooting me down, prob mostly because im on a payment plan with them for the next 8 months to pay off a c/o checking acct (but it keeps it in-house).

i also moved my direct deposits from them and use my old bank...do you actually bank with them, and if so do you think that factors into their app decision?

thanks!

Message 70 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.