Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making great Progress!! ANY SUGGESTIONS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making great Progress!! ANY SUGGESTIONS

I need all the help I can get. Any suggestions welcomed. What can I do now to improve credit??

Previous condition: TERRIBLE
Starting score: mid- high 400's
Statrting Collections: 12
Starting charge offs: 6

CURRENT CREDIT STATUS: OK
SCORE: 600-610
COLLECTIONS: 3
PRA 1,400 (PAID 2 weeks ago)
Midland Funding 6,300(PAID 4/23)
*waiting for those 2 to delete***
CREDIT MANAGMENT 912 (FROM COX, UNPAID)
** credit managment will accept 650.00 but refuse to delete. Cox will accept 700.00 but there is not guarentee that credit managment will delete or update to 0. Cox says they will update the debt collector that balance is 0.

CHARGE OFF: 1
Home Depot Project loan
BALANCE 12,682
Settlment offer for 60% of balance. **They are reporting every month FP

OTHERS NEGATIVES:
Wellsfargo chargeoff (paid)
* I've started goodwill campaign but they wont budge
VERIZON CHARGE OFF (PAID)
*Good will campaign, they wont budget

Synchrony Walmart chargeoff- PAID portfolio ** synchrony has agreed to delete off my report within 45 days

Synchrony Ashley chargeoff PAID portfolio revovery- *Good will campaign, wont budge

Commenity Overstock chargeoff- PAID MIDLAND *Goodwill campaign, wont budge

Morgage/VHDA - 8 late payments 2017-2018
*last late payment was in Febriary 2018

THE GOOD
Discover IT credit card (opened Nov. 2018) 500 deposit. GOOD PAYMENT HISTORY.
I leave a balance of 15-30 a month and pay It off.

SCHOOL LOAN 23K DEFERRED.
NO MISSED PAYMENTS

VHDA 120K
ON TIME PAYMENTS SINCE 2/2018

VHDA 4,000
1 late payment, on time since 11/2017

14 REPLIES 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Making great Progress!! ANY SUGGESTIONS

Looks like you've done well considering the number of derogs. Will you get full 100% PFD's? Probabaly not. The ones that wont budge will take time to heal. Once the last one falls off. Thats when it will all be over. And your scores will rise. Keep hammering away for PFD's. But in the meantime build on what you got now for the future once all the baddies are gone. Wish you the best of luck.

Message 2 of 15
teeluhz
Established Member

I don't have any suggestions but I wanted to say CONGRATS on all of the success so far! Especially on Synchrony/Walmart. I cannot get that egg to crack Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one collection remaining for a old Cox bill that I need to get pfd. The others have been deleted or in current goodwilling. Is there a way to speed up a score increase. I'm looking to sell and purchase another home in the near future.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The funny thing is. I've had success with synchrony/Walmart but the synchrony/Ashley's wont budge. I guess I have to rejoice into the victory!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only suggestion is to get what cox said to you in writing before you pay it.  That way if the CA doesnt update to 0 balance you have some leverage to get it corrected or removed for inaccuracy.  Good job and keep it up.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: collections 2 remaining

PRA has been deleted today (7 point increaseSmiley Happy

Midland funding (PAID last month)
Still waiting for deletion.

Credit managment/Cox-
Settled with Cox today for 816.00 (original balance 912)
Best casinrio, Cox recalls debt as agreed and credit managment is deleted from report.
Worst casinario credit managment updates balance to zero and the collection begins to age.

Either way, I owe God the glory for allowing to to get this far.

I went from 12 collections to all being paid off and removed. Well, that's if the credit managment collection works in my favor. Thank you for the encouragment!

Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Holy smokes. Thats how you do it. Congrats and bigger and better things will come your way. Great Job!

Message 8 of 15
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Might I ask how in the world you got synchrony to agree to remove a chargeoff? I have two old (since paid) chargeoffs from Synchrony. The CAs removed their entries upon payment, but I was under the impression Synchrony wouldn't touch their tradelines for anyone. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ I would love to know too. I’ve contacted them several times and each time I’m politely told to kick rocks, even though I have a current Synch-backed Lowe’s card.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.