Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making progress!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making progress!

Rebuilding here! 

I got a secured CapOne card with a $601 limit mid Feb.  I randomly check to see if I'm prequalified on the CapOne site and today I was for the Platnium and QuickSilver, so I app'd.  Website had a fit and produced errors.  Just got off the phone with CapOne and I have both cards!  $500 CL on each of them, but it's a start.

My current credit scores are in my signature for myFico and CK shows TU as 573 and EQ as 574.  I have a bunch of things that I paid off last month that I am waiting to update on my reports (some charge offs and collections).

Now to garden I guess!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making progress!

Congrats! Have you tried getting the paid charged off accounts and collections removed? With some work it's possible and you will see big jumps in your scores Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid them and I am waiting for them to report as a 0 balance before trying to get them removed.  The one and only collection on my reports is through the Devil of a company Midland.  

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Have you tried getting the paid charged off accounts and collections removed? With some work it's possible and you will see big jumps in your scores Smiley Happy

Two of the CapOne accounts are showing $0 now, and one CapOne that was sent to portfolio (that I paid before it got reported) has been removed from my reports.  I have a past due account with Merrick that will be PIF the 25th of this month.  Midland is still showing a balance though I paid them last month... My secured card has started reporting to the credit agencies now too.  

I do have to laugh though.  I'm already seeing some little jumps on myFICO.com scores while CK has dropped 25ish points on EQ and TU is showing "no score."

Message 4 of 11
laylandad
Valued Member

Just giving you an FYI....Midland is being sued in a class action lawsuit. You can see if you are affected by it and file a claim. The lawsuit states that either you'll get a monetary claim or debt forgiveness. It's worth a shot.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laylandad wrote:
Just giving you an FYI....Midland is being sued in a class action lawsuit. You can see if you are affected by it and file a claim. The lawsuit states that either you'll get a monetary claim or debt forgiveness. It's worth a shot.

Ohhhh.  That's interesting.  Any heads up where I can look to see if I'm affected by that?  Thanks for the info!

ETA - Well was worth looking into! lol I don't fall into the time frames for the lawsuit.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I do have a question, and I'm guessing I should take this to the Auto loan part of the forum, but it ties in with my credit.  

My goal is getting a car here in the near future.  What should I be looking at to help get my scores higher.  I'm not app'ing anywhere else, kind of gardening what I have (waiting on the two new CapOne cards to show up).  Charging everything to my current card and paying it off as soon as it posts to the card.  I'm planning on SD'ing the secured card and using the QS1 since it has the cash back that way with some purchases on the platnium.  

So I guess I'm looking for advice on if I should wait a while longer or if it will be possible in the near future.  

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait, let the cards mature atleast 6 months...possibly with the chance they switch them to unsecured cards. If you can wait it out, wait it out for as long as possible so that way you have time to let your scores get higher. 

Make sure you pay on time or early, keep UTI @ 10% or below

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would wait, let the cards mature atleast 6 months...possibly with the chance they switch them to unsecured cards. If you can wait it out, wait it out for as long as possible so that way you have time to let your scores get higher. 

@Make sure you pay on time or early, keep UTI @ 10% or below

@Anonymous's what I figured I would be told Smiley Tongue Patience is not a virtue of mine, but is something I will work on.  I planned on keeping my UTI @741051% or lower anyways, but wanted to show CapOne that I can use the card and that essentially the limits given are not enough.  If that makes sense.  

I'm waiting on one more account to show paid and zero out as it is currently counting towards my UTI on two reports.  Not counting the demon company Midland.  They've been sitting on my money since Feb. 25th. Smiley Mad and they refuse to change anything until "60-90 days" and they keep trying to say it's the credit reporting agencies that are in charge of what gets reported and when it changes.  Um No.  That's not how this works.  

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now I do have a question, and I'm guessing I should take this to the Auto loan part of the forum, but it ties in with my credit.  

My goal is getting a car here in the near future.  What should I be looking at to help get my scores higher.  I'm not app'ing anywhere else, kind of gardening what I have (waiting on the two new CapOne cards to show up).  Charging everything to my current card and paying it off as soon as it posts to the card.  I'm planning on SD'ing the secured card and using the QS1 since it has the cash back that way with some purchases on the platnium.  

So I guess I'm looking for advice on if I should wait a while longer or if it will be possible in the near future.  

tla1,

Congrats on your success so far.

Here are a couple of links to threads showing what to do with your Cap1 Plat. & QS1. I PC'd my Plat. the day my 1st statment came in and got CLI's on both on the 60th day since they were opened.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Cap1-Platinum-Upgrade-after-1st-Statement/m-p/4467249

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/60-days-in-Cap1-1000-CLI-s/m-p/4490054

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.