Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually deleting collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manually deleting collection

I sent a GW letter to the only collection on my report back in December. They emailed me Dec 27th to say that the account would be expunged from the 3 bureaus. It was removed from my Equifax report but still on TU and EX. So I called the CA today and the guy was really nice and helpful and was surprised that it was still on my reports. He said that he would manually delete the collection from EX and TU. How long does a manual deletion take?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Manually deleting collection

The furnisher of information cannot do a deletion, they can only report it to the CRA.

What he likely meant was that he will re-report an out of regular reporting cycle deletion, not that he has some power to do the CRA deletion on his own.  

Furnishers normally report only once a month on all accounts, and that reporting is usually automated.  Additional reporting requires manual intervention as a supplemental, out of cycle update.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Manually deleting collection

Ah ok. Thanks Robert

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.