cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Closed Charged Off Accounts - Unsure how to best handle them.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many Closed Charged Off Accounts - Unsure how to best handle them.

I currently have the following items charged off. None of them are reporting directly to a Collection Agency but a suit is in the process of being filed for Discover Bank ( I was transferred to a law office after calling Discover). 

ItemOutstanding
Barclays Bank $      2,613.00
Capital One $      5,750.00
Discover Bank $      6,830.00
Wells Fargo $      1,897.00
Verizon $   *  1,231.00
  $    18,321.00

I currently have been able to lower the Verizon amount down to $158 dollars (and may be able to have this completely removed once the last portion of the investigation is completed).

My question is: How do I approach this? Can you negotiate a PFD with payments instead of one lump sum? Does it matter if you are aiming for a PFD with full balance or lower amount?I don't have bulk amounts saved up just yet but I do earn a comfortable amount. My goal is to have them all deleted from my report after paying in full or settling OR have them marked as Paid in full - closed. 

What would you do?

1 REPLY 1
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Many Closed Charged Off Accounts - Unsure how to best handle them.

I would work out a payment plan with Discover before you end up with a judgement to add to the CO. It's very difficult to get PFD from the OC. Getting them paid off and then attempting GW deletions would give you better odds, but even that's still difficult.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.