Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical BIll Removal

tag
Dbadup
New Contributor

Medical BIll Removal

I'v been lurking and rebuilding for sometime. I have had success with three of my four medical bills. But before I even started I knew this one was going to be my thorn. It's being reported to both TU and EX. I had disputer it but I called them today and they said it was valid. What should I do next .... Suggestions are welcomed. I have a little over a year for 7 years... 

CCollection on debt to: Med1 02 Medical

The collection agency "Carter-Young" was hired to collect a debt of $1,986 originally owed to "Med1 02 Medical" on account number "XXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]

Carter-Young

Original balance [?]

$1,986

Current balance [?]

$1,986

Date assigned [?]

Feb 14, 2006

Original lender [?]

Med1 02 Medical

Account number [?]

XXXXXX

Account holder [?]

Individual

Account descriptions [?]

Placed for collection

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: Medical BIll Removal

I'm in the same boat with one of my baddies. It's 6 1/2 years old already so I'm not sure whether or not it's worth it to PFD with it being so close to falling off. Besides $2000 is a lot to PFD. I couldn't afford that anyways. It would seem to me that medical collections would have the highest probability of GW because you can use the insurance excuse (altough that is just speculation and I cannot confirm this).

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2 of 6
Dbadup
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply! 2k is just not an option for this pay for delete right now.. Not when I have to face my stupid Gap/GEMB judgement... 

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Dbadup wrote:

I'v been lurking and rebuilding for sometime. I have had success with three of my four medical bills. But before I even started I knew this one was going to be my thorn. It's being reported to both TU and EX. I had disputer it but I called them today and they said it was valid. What should I do next .... Suggestions are welcomed. I have a little over a year for 7 years... 

CCollection on debt to: Med1 02 Medical

The collection agency "Carter-Young" was hired to collect a debt of $1,986 originally owed to "Med1 02 Medical" on account number "XXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]

Carter-Young

Original balance [?]

$1,986

Current balance [?]

$1,986

Date assigned [?]

Feb 14, 2006

Original lender [?]

Med1 02 Medical

Account number [?]

XXXXXX

Account holder [?]

Individual

Account descriptions [?]

Placed for collection

Welcome to the forums.

The date you need to know is DoFD (Date of First Delinquncy). That is what determines how long a collection can report. Collections and charge offs can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD on the OC (Original Creditor) account that led to the CO or collection. For medical collections the date of service is looked at as the DoFD.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Dbadup
New Contributor

Thanks MarineVietVet!! So if thats the case services were rendered in oct. 05. How would I get that information... a DV??. I already have something typed and ready to go!!

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Dbadup wrote:

Thanks MarineVietVet!! So if thats the case services were rendered in oct. 05. How would I get that information... a DV??. I already have something typed and ready to go!!

There are several ways to get the DoFD. You can call the OC and just ask them.Or if you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD. Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.