Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bill

tag
bargerms
Valued Member

Medical Bill

So i had something on my credit report from 2005 that apparently my insurance never paid for. I just noticed contacted my insurance company and the bill has been paid just recently. I was informed by the insurance company that upon receiving the money from the insurance company, that the hospital would remove the original collection from my credit report and contact the collection agency and have them remove their attempt at the collection from my account as well. By removing, i am assuming deletion, not the "paid". Does anyone know how that works? Or how long it takes?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bill

I'm not sure how long it takes, but I would agree with your assessment that the account will be deleted from your credit history and not just shown as paid.  I'd make sure that you have something in writing from the hospital, in case it isn't deleted from your bureau and you have to dispute it later.
Message 2 of 3
bargerms
Valued Member

Re: Medical Bill

Thanks. Still not reflecting. I will let you guys know when it has.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.