Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bills Collections

I have three paid medical collections on my credit reports that will come off the end of 12/2015, 10/2016, and 10/27/2016.  I have one unpaid medical collection for $302.00 that will be not be removed until 05/2019. Should i pay the unpaid one it is showing on two of my credit reports but not my Experian one.  Will this hurt me applying for credit cards?  I have heard that if you pay on a medical account that it hurts your score cause it is a recent on the account.  It was submitted in 11/2012 and just noticed it when i did my annual credit reports pull. I have not checked my credit reports since the beginning of 2012 my fault. Can anyone let me know if i pay this medical collection off and it is marked as paid will it hurt my credit score because it is considered recent with a payoff  and changed status to paid or will this help me.  It is through prompt recovery services from a hospital bill after insurance. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Bills Collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I have three paid medical collections on my credit reports that will come off the end of 12/2015, 10/2016, and 10/27/2016.  I have one unpaid medical collection for $302.00 that will be not be removed until 05/2019. Should i pay the unpaid one it is showing on two of my credit reports but not my Experian one.  Will this hurt me applying for credit cards?  I have heard that if you pay on a medical account that it hurts your score cause it is a recent on the account.  It was submitted in 11/2012 and just noticed it when i did my annual credit reports pull. I have not checked my credit reports since the beginning of 2012 my fault. Can anyone let me know if i pay this medical collection off and it is marked as paid will it hurt my credit score because it is considered recent with a payoff  and changed status to paid or will this help me.  It is through prompt recovery services from a hospital bill after insurance. 

you want to pay for delete, a paid/unpaid collection hurt your scores about the same. 

dont settle for less! if they say no today, call tmr, call next week, keep calling til one say yes.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i call the collection agency or the hospital from where the debt originated? All my medical debt collections were through the same company prompt recovery services.  When i paid the other three they were never removed. But i will ask for pay for delete thank you for the advice.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

should i call the collection agency or the hospital from where the debt originated? All my medical debt collections were through the same company prompt recovery services.  When i paid the other three they were never removed. But i will ask for pay for delete thank you for the advice.

i have had success calling the CA.  on the phone, just be like i dont have the money now and then say if you could come up with the payment can you delete it off my record.

a paid collection will stay on you CR, now you need to send them goodwill letters. i said letterS cuz it usually take more than 1 unless you get lucky.

Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

These are the steps you should go thru on unpaid medical debt

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google "whychat"

trust me on this. I got 17 medical accounts deleted within two months, and now have perfect credit report.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess i will have to google whychat, hopefully this really works.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I apologize for not being able to reach out to you sooner. As a Senior Analyst within a pharmaceutical company with a Masters in Health Law, i have done extensive work in healthcare compliance and have recently branched out into helping individuals audit their medical bills for savings. This process involves comparing medical records to bills in order to ensure that all services, procedures, and medications were delivered to you as charged. With 80% of medical bills containing errors and overcharges it may certainly be worth it to have someone look over your bills and advocate for you.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Christina

Message 8 of 10
MsDarby
Established Member

Call the hospital and ask if you can pay them to take it off of your report. Since they are not required to report, they may be willing to take it off. (They are not a credit card company). Call the financial counselors there and thell them your situation. I am in the process of trying to get a $4100 ER bill removed. They were eager to send me out the forms to help start the process.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I willdo the same as well.Theonly thing left on my reports are these damn medical bills.Some are paid and some are not paid.Really sucks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.