Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection-CA closed

tag
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Medical Collection-CA closed

I have on my EQ and TU report a $274 collection with KY ACCTS SERV, EQ only gives code numbers to CA, TU lists KY ACCTS SERVICE both assigned back 03/18/ 2011. I do not recall a dunning notice in the past 6 years- too long to remember, on EQ it is listed to me as Medical with no OP, TU shows the provider on the Orthopedic Provider (broke ankle requiring surgery, 3 months in cast) and only comment, placed for collection. There are no other collections for that amount or near that amount anywhere else on my bureaus. I do have 4 other collections, all medical under $100. No public records, no deliquencies on any or past rev credit or installment loans. 

The BBB shows this CA is no longer in business. I'm ultimately wanting a removal. In this one particular collection, how would you handle this? DV with a chance it did get sold to some other agency that is currently not reporting and wake a sleeping giant with new collection hitting on reports? Wait a year to see if it might possible just drop off? This is my oldest collection reporting on any of my CB reports. I would be able to pay in full with hope it would result in removal. 

Advice please? 

ETA: My husband and I are trying to clean up reports, have good standing for a mortgage in 2018 or earlier if mortgage scores are in a good range. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nmjacobs
Contributor

Re: Medical Collection-CA closed

Google HIPPA process and contact the creator for help.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical Collection-CA closed

A DV request does not require any response, so it will not set any period that will mandate any removal of the reporting.

You can file a dispute with the CRA if you have basis for contesting the accuracy of their reporting.

A dispute mandates an investigation and response within 30'ish days.

However, a dispute requires that you establish some inaccuracy in their reporting.

The post does not assert that the debt is not legitimate.

Perhaps some research to establish the heir in title to the debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.