cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection DV and CA asking for info?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection DV and CA asking for info?

DV'd a medical collection on my report (got the DV from these forums). The response I got back from the collection agency was:

"In order for our office to assist you we will require more infomation. We need the following: your Maiden Name, SSN, an Account Number, and the name of the Hospital where you received the services in question."

"As it stands, pursuant to Section 807(8) FDCPA, by reason of your failure to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information, we are unable to facilitate your request."

Wouldn't they already have all of this information? Especially the SSN considering the collection appears on my credit report?

Tracey

Message Edited by rhodesgemini on 04-30-2008 03:25 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Medical Collection DV and CA asking for info?

yes they would. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM! Sounds to me like they dont have the information needed to support a dispute.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

rhodesgemini wrote:
DV'd a medical collection on my report (got the DV from these forums). The response I got back from the collection agency was:

"In order for our office to assist you we will require more infomation. We need the following: your Maiden Name, SSN, an Account Number, and the name of the Hospital where you received the services in question."

"As it stands, pursuant to Section 807(8) FDCPA, by reason of your failure to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information, we are unable to facilitate your request."

Wouldn't they already have all of this information? Especially the SSN considering the collection appears on my credit report?

Tracey

Message Edited by rhodesgemini on 04-30-2008 03:25 PM

Did you send the partial account number that appears on your CR?

If you call the CRA, you can sometimes get the full account number.

Respond with a letter that states " The only information I am able to provide you is the account number, you can locate the account with that information. If for some reason you CAN NOT locate an account, then I will assume that this account is non-existent and seek to have it removed from my credit report."
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Sent the Acct number from my credit report (first four digits, the rest are masked)

I'll send what you mentioned Sidewinder and see what the result is.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.