Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection - HIPAA process question

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Medical Collection - HIPAA process question

I've gotten to the point where you send the OC the followup letter and send the letters to the CRAs.  I got back a letter from EX (the only CRA I needed to mail) that they won't re-investigate unless I give them a reason.  I checked up on my cashier's check, and it was cashed on 7/19 - the CA is still reporting as unpaid. I expected this round of letters to at least get it updated to "paid".

The next step is to send the courtesy letter before filing a complaint.  Having gotten no change from that letter with a different OC, I am wondering what options I should consider at this point.  Ideally, would love this TL deleted.  I really need it updated to "paid" at least.  My thoughts so far are:

- Isn't there a new DV thing for the OC (yes, the CA is reporting, not the OC) Would this do me any good?

- Is this an occasion where I should consider sending a letter to the CA and/or the OC telling them they are in violation of the FCRA for reporting me as having an unpaid debt?  It's been almost 2 months.

- I guess I could write back to EX and say that it's paid (send a copy of the receipt for the cashier's check?)

Which of these is most likely to 1) get this deleted,  and which is most likely to get it updated to at least "paid" ASAP?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collection - HIPAA process question

I don't think we can discuss this here. I would go over to CB....

Message 2 of 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Collection - HIPAA process question

It's my understanding that we can discuss it, but that we can't link to it or display the letters.

Plus, my question is about if I should deviate from the process.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.