Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections..Score up 10 pts?

tag
MrsDW
Valued Member

Medical Collections..Score up 10 pts?

I have been using advice found here for over a year and it has been working. Yesterday, had 3 old medical bills report as collections and my Experian score went up 10 pts. I am only familiar with one of the amounts (previously deleted by different CA). My income is protected (SSD and VA). Should I request clarification of the two I am not familiar with or just send an income protected/cease and desist letter? Wondering if they will just delete them since they can't recover. Thanks for any help.
EXP 695 / EQ 703 / TU 716 (Oct 2021)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Collections..Score up 10 pts?

@MrsDW wrote:
I have been using advice found here for over a year and it has been working. Yesterday, had 3 old medical bills report as collections and my Experian score went up 10 pts. I am only familiar with one of the amounts (previously deleted by different CA). My income is protected (SSD and VA). Should I request clarification of the two I am not familiar with or just send an income protected/cease and desist letter? Wondering if they will just delete them since they can't recover. Thanks for any help.

Collections dont increase Fico score something else did and offset the collections reporting. If this is still within your states SOL I would not send and cease and desist as they can still sue, get the judgment and wait till you get other monies not protected and no they wont just delete them since your income is currently protected. Here are the normal steps to go through to pay medicals and get them cleared from your CR, you might have a shot a charity or other type of abatement since you are disabled.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 3
MrsDW
Valued Member

Re: Medical Collections..Score up 10 pts?

I have just been paying my bills on time, so not sure why score went up. Thank you for the advice
EXP 695 / EQ 703 / TU 716 (Oct 2021)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.