Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collections

Hi Everyone,

I have 5 medical bills that went into collections because at the time, I didn't have medical insurance.  I'm trying to fix my credit but I'm not sure where to start.  What should I do?  Will the drop off date occur in 2013?  Should I PFD? I copied my information below.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $77 on account number 

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

$77
$0
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $638 on account number 

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]

$638
$763
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency was hired to collect a debt of $297 on account number 

$297
$0
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency  was hired to collect a debt of $77 on account number

$77
$91
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Collection on debt to:

The collection agency  was hired to collect a debt of $154 on account number

$154
$154
Jun, 2006

Individual
Medical
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Re: Medical Collections

Pay the ones you can and send a letter explaining you had believed insurance took care of it and deeply apologize. Theyre small enough that it should work..
Message 2 of 3
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Collections

The drop off date will be around this time in 2013.  7 yrs 180 days from DOFD.

I had about 7 medical collections on my reports.  Only one CA accepted PFD and the others I got removed via GW after I PIF the accounts.  CA's seem more leniant towards medical.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.