Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt Too Large to Pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Debt Too Large to Pay

When I was nineteen years old I was in a bad accident, but was still covered under my parents insurance, or so I thought. Come to find out I did not have insurance as a result of circumstances surrounding my parents divorce, thus, leaving me with over 500,000 in medical bills. It has been a little over four years now and has been written off, but not to a point that I can just pay it off. I am now a Real Estate Investor, but I am not able to use traditional funding because of my credit situation. How should I approach working on my credit? My score is around 650 now, but I need to get the collections off of my credit report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Jonathan

Message Edited by Joncreditquest on 09-14-2008 05:42 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Debt Too Large to Pay

Since these sound to be valid unpaid medical collections, it's unlikely they will be removed from your credit reports. In order to use the HIPAA letter process, all of these collections would need to be paid in full or settled in full and report $0 balances. Once they report $0 balances, having them removed shouldn't be difficult.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.