cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt, new protocols for July 2022 question.

tag
Portsofrocks
Established Member

Medical Debt, new protocols for July 2022 question.

I currently have 2 capital one cards that are paid in full and a self loan I started last month. I have two medical collections 

1) Penn Credit- 277 paying off today

2) Credit Control - 179 paid off last week by calling hospital directly and was offered 30% off 

My scores are definitely low since the two cards were both at 89% Utilization. I know the paid medical debts are to be dropping off in July of this year across the board. Would there be any harm done by asking to have these removed after paid or disputing them as paid. Or , am I better off the sitting on my porch waiting for the summer? Thanks for any advice in advance! 

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Medical Debt, new protocols for July 2022 question.

TU and EX have been deleting stuff early without asking. If you only have 2 cards. Have 1 report each month $20 and then pay before the due date. Your getting the $0 balance penalty for not having any accounts report a balance. July will be here in no time. Disputing will just update again and you'll take another hit to your scores. Congrats on the payoffs.

Message 2 of 4
Portsofrocks
Established Member

Thanks! I was always wondering how the AZEO method worked exactly! My Experian fico8 is at 589, so I'm hopeful once all is said and done my score will improve beyond a few points. I had a stroke two years ago and payed 8,300 in total out of pocket and the few hundred of that I didn't , dropped my score over a hundred points, with no credit due to the 8,300 I paid on time. Thanks again! 

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yes once those debts go to pasture. You will see some decent gains. Hope your doing better now. It will be here before you know it. Report back how it went once they're toast. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.