Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Debt question; got 30 day Collection Agency letter

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical Debt question; got 30 day Collection Agency letter

Your only other choice would be to get a legal opinion on it all but that takes money too. The system is such that incomptence doesnt mean you get to walk away from paying though I firmly believe they should eat it.

Message 11 of 12
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Re: Medical Debt question; got 30 day Collection Agency letter

Thank you.

I was able to get in touch with the hospital management. Waiting on someone from the hospital lab to contact me back now. That's the one who sold the debt to collection agency. I hope they're able to pull back the debt from collection agency.

I might get screwed though as I realized the collection agency letter states a 30 day notice which means they will report the debt to credit beauros next week if I don't pay.

And I can't agree to pay the collection agency as I'm not sure if thatll affect the lab or hospitals ability to pull back the debt from them if the lab agrees to let me pay a smaller amount.

The collection agency deadline ends in 3 days. What should I do?

😔

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.