Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical account collections

tag
Lvlover26
Valued Member

Medical account collections

Hey everyone, so I was checking my equifax report earlier this week once I got notification of a change in my report. I have had 4 new accounts for physician charges totaling up to $527.80 posted to equifax as a collection account. Now per myfico my score went down 4 points. The works-n-lentz account manager said I can email them and they will send it off to every client to see if they can do a pfd. But, typically they don't and just show settled in full or paid in full. My question is, is medical collections looked at the same way as credit collections? Also since my score went down 4 points is it something looked at when trying to apply for a mortgage? I ultimately want to take care of these accounts but this is all on top of 3 other accounts with medical on equifax for these amounts $3,180.55, $560.48, and $390.83. What should I do? Advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
EQ: 494 (6/30/15) TU: 500 (6/30/15) EX:528 (6/27/15)
EQ: 535 (9/1/15) TU: 552 (9/1/15) EX: 546 (9/1/15)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical account collections

@Lvlover26 wrote:
Hey everyone, so I was checking my equifax report earlier this week once I got notification of a change in my report. I have had 4 new accounts for physician charges totaling up to $527.80 posted to equifax as a collection account. Now per myfico my score went down 4 points. The works-n-lentz account manager said I can email them and they will send it off to every client to see if they can do a pfd. But, typically they don't and just show settled in full or paid in full. My question is, is medical collections looked at the same way as credit collections? Also since my score went down 4 points is it something looked at when trying to apply for a mortgage? I ultimately want to take care of these accounts but this is all on top of 3 other accounts with medical on equifax for these amounts $3,180.55, $560.48, and $390.83. What should I do? Advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A collection is a collection doesnt matter if its medical or some other form of credit. The newer Fico models will not consider medical CAs for less than $100 but other models will including the Fico 04 that mortgage lenders use.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.