Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical bills not expunged yet

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Medical bills not expunged yet

Checking reports for the year and noticed collections for medical bills, that were expunged through Charity Care. Spoke to billing department, no longer showing past due balance. Charges have been expunged since May of this year, well past the 30-90 day update. Time to dispute Collection Angency entry? Accounts haven't even been updated to paid and closed. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical bills not expunged yet

What is meant by the statement that the bills were expunged?

Did they clearly state that the debt was erroneous or never late, or only that the debt was now paid?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an incident like this, had all the records proving an account was paid and closed and the reporting agency kept confirming the information was accurate. I waited 3 months and filed a dispute again and they finally updated the information to make it correct.

Message 3 of 7
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

The account has been paid courtesy of charity care and now the charges have been removed.

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would call the OC and ask that they cancel the collections since the bill was taken care of by Charity Care once the CAs no longer have collection authority then they should remove the entries from your CR sounds like they were never informed by the OC that it all had been taken care of.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is "Charity Care" considered to be a medical insuror?

If so, the recent National Consumer Assistance Plan, implemented by the CRAs, includes the provision that medical collections paid via an insuror will be removed by the CRAs without any need for deletion by the debt collector.

Message 6 of 7
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Gdale may be right, they just need a reminder. Unfortunately I can't wait on them to delete. It's been 7 months since the bills went through the CCP. Otherwise, I'll just put in disputes.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.