cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection - I had insurance! What now?!

tag
montana586
Regular Contributor

Re: Medical collection - I had insurance! What now?!

Not entirely true with the collection coming off in the point section because I just had my last collection fall of my EX report and was in the high 600s and went to mid 700s and that collection was from 2008 so its definitely a YMMV situation all depends on whats on ur report what confuses me is its still on my 2 other reports and its not scheduled to fall off till next year on all 3

Starting Score: 675EQ 698 TU
Current Score: 698TU 675EQ
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 11 of 27
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

interesting. Are you sure no other changes happened during that time? 

How much was the collection and what kind?

I would verify the original date of delinqency on that account. If it was 7 years ago (7 + 180 days if it's the original creditor) I would dispute it with the CRA's. Good luck! I know Experian and TransUnion tend to remove a little early. But just a few months... not an entire year. Check it out. Equifax sticks to their guns as far as removal. 7 years.

Are you sure the account was ever reported to the other 2? I have 1 collection on my TU that never shows on my other reports. Possible? Or have you seen it there before?

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 12 of 27
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

*Sorry, I mean are you sure it was ever reported to the ONE agency that it's not showing on currently?

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 13 of 27
montana586
Regular Contributor

Oh I m absolutely positive it was there because when I closed on my house it was shown to me on all 3 thats y I find it strange its a medical collection for $238

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 14 of 27
montana586
Regular Contributor

DoFd on EQ states 9/2008

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 15 of 27
2NE1
Established Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I'm not interested in HIPPA.

I don't understand what's the issue with sending a simple HIPPA letter to each CRA to have your medical collection(s) removed. I can PM you the letter I used. Every collection I had reporting on TU and EQ was removed (this was back in mid 2012) without paying a cent and so far not one has been reported again.

You should give it a shot, just saying.

Message 16 of 27
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I don't understand what's the issue with sending a simple HIPPA letter to each CRA to have your medical collection(s) removed. I can PM you the letter I used. Every collection I had reporting on TU and EQ was removed (this was back in mid 2012) without paying a cent and so far not one has been reported again.

I'm interested in HIPAA, you could totally PM me your letter. lol. I love to reference successful letters! I have 10 medical collections, two showing on two reports (so 12 showing Smiley Tongue). Were you within the SOL for those accounts when you sent your letter?

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 17 of 27
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

I would also like to know if you were within the SOL when you sent them?

Yes, please message me the letters you sent. 

Maybe I misunderstood the process when I read it. I was under the impression you had to go back to the OC and pay them.

Message 18 of 27
kjel
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I had a similar issue with having both private pay insurance and medicaid at the same time and there was a date of service that was not covered by either one. I ended up with a small collection and paid the bill pretty promptly. The CA would not do a PFD and so far have refused any GW attempts. I think I only got a 5 point bump for paying it.

2NE1, can you PM me the letter? I'd like to see if I can't get two paid medical collections removed. Thanks!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 19 of 27
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

Right, but the problem is that the collections are dragging my score down - preventing me from even being eligible. That's why I need them taken care of. And I have verified that they will be past my state's SOL in September (for 2 of them) and the other in October of 2014. They wont come off until 2015. Experian's report said they'd be removed July/August - when I asked why they told me they start their removal process earlier.

Did your daughter give them her medicaid card at the time and was the hospital a county facility?  Medicaid can provide an over 1 year letter, but that usually only happens with new approvals and/or when you owe govt facilities like a county hospital. You can try to finangle the letter out of Medicaid and use the "we gave them the card at the time, but now it's showing on my credit report.  I don't know if it will work or if it can be used when it's not new eligibility.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.