Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection agency

tag
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Medical collection agency

I had a medical payment of 75 dollars go into collection last year. I had actually changed apartment numbers so I didn't get the bills from the hospital.

As soon as I got the letter from the collection, I paid it in full. I opened my reports this year and I don't see any negative of any sort.

Will it come back again to haunt me later?

I am a little tensed.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Medical collection agency

If the CA didn't report the collection before it hit your reports and its paid, they can't relist it.

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

If the CA didn't report the collection before it hit your reports and its paid, they can't relist it.

Sorry but, yes they can.  They can report any time, paid or not, up until the CRTP.

They probably won't but, they can.

Message 3 of 7
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Smiley Sad Brilliant!

Now I'll have endless nights of traumatic dreams.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with guiness.  What they are enttitled to report is the fact that they had collection authority.  There is no time constraint restricting how long after an act occurs that it must be reported.

However, I would not stress.

Most debt collectors report, not for the integrity of the credit reporting system, but as a collection tactic, knowing the consumer will see it.

With the deb now satisfied, they have no further business purpose.

Additionally, they would simultaneously have to report an open collection, close it in the same reporting, and report $0 balance.

And, with reporting in your file, it would subject them to the possibility of having to answer FCRA disputes that the consumer might still choose to file.

No reporting, no chance of a consumer dispute over its accuracy.

Doubtful.

Message 5 of 7
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

That might calm my nerves a bit.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If they had collection authority, then yes, they can report it.  However as has been stated, chances are if they haven't reported yet, they probably won't.  Count your blessings.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.