Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collection question

What if you want to HIPPA the OC but don't know the account number??

On my CRs, it merely gives the truncated account number for the CA, not the OC. Any ideas? The only one I've had today was the stinky envelopes thing. :/

Does anyone have an idea whether the CA is using the OC's account number? I'm assuming not, as I'd think it would be a logistical nightmare.

I don't want the OC to actually KNOW that I know a CA is reporting the debt, if I don't have to. So I don't want to use the CA's number unless it corresponds to the OC's tracking system. :/

Any ideas? Suggestions? TIA!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical collection question

To add to my question above, how in the monkey-fudge do you find out when the date of service was???

Yeesh. Feeling SO clueless today! Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Can you call the OC to request a copy of your medical records?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The info. should be on your CR (not monitoring service)   or you can call the CRA and ask

You can call the hosp. and ask using just your name.

You would dispute it with the CRAs reporting it with the HIPPA letter

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx reported by xxxxxxx
Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.
If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Very truly yours,

address

By LAW  the CRAs are to contact all medical providers for info. they can NOT just ask the CA!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-05-2008 04:43 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-05-2008 04:44 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.