cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection quick question, need to make decision tomorrow!

tag
woodstock
Established Member

Medical collection quick question, need to make decision tomorrow!

I have 8 medical bills that have been referred to collections and are on my CR.  All 8 of them had problems with billing that I tried to resolve at the time.  I'm really fed up with all the time I have wasted on these and just want them to go away.  Grand total owed is just over $900.  CA called me the other day and agreed to a delete for PIF and FAXed me a letter confirming the same.   But, now that I read this board it says to only pay to OC for medical bills.  Should I not take the CA up on the PFD and try to pay the OCs? 

Please help, I'm not sure what to do!  Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical collection quick question, need to make decision tomorrow!

I think, if they are in fact offering a PFD and will agree to it in WRITING, and you want to do the honest thing and pay the debts, it should be fine.

However, really and truly READ the fine print and make sure that they are, in fact, agreeing to delete the TLs.

And it goes without saying to follow up and make sure that they DO delete the TLs!!!

Best of luck!!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical collection quick question, need to make decision tomorrow!

Ask them to state in their deletion promise that they are acting as legal agent of the OC, and payment to the CA will result in deletion by both the OC and the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.