Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection recalled but only removed from 2/3 bureaus

tag
Aramos
New Contributor

Medical collection recalled but only removed from 2/3 bureaus

I had a collection with Medical Data Systems and per a post here I reached out to the hospital in order to get them to recall it so I could pay them directly. They said they would and that it would be about a week or so for it to update.

It updated back on 4-13 for Experian and Transunion however it is still showing on Equifax. I am wondering how I should go about removing it from Equifax as well as the other two are no longer reporting it. Is it a matter of waiting longer or disputing it as it does not show on the others?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Aramos
New Contributor

Re: Medical collection recalled but only removed from 2/3 bureaus

I am not sure if my posts / questions are too vague, (mod cut-not here pls) I am just looking for a bit of direct help from a comunity that has helped me so much to finally push me over the edge to have my clean report.

Anyways, hope someone gives a bit of advice. Have a good day.

Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Aramos wrote:

I had a collection with Medical Data Systems and per a post here I reached out to the hospital in order to get them to recall it so I could pay them directly. They said they would and that it would be about a week or so for it to update.

It updated back on 4-13 for Experian and Transunion however it is still showing on Equifax. I am wondering how I should go about removing it from Equifax as well as the other two are no longer reporting it. Is it a matter of waiting longer or disputing it as it does not show on the others?

I have no idea why they would tell you it would update in one week, they are not the ones controling the TL. It can take up to 60 days for a CA to be removed via a recall. At this point all you can do is wait. If the 60 days passes then you dispute it with the CRAs as the CA no longer having collection authority as they were recalled by the OC. Per CRA rules CA doesnt have authority to collect the TL goes poof.

Message 3 of 11
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

@Aramos which CRA is it still reporting to?

Update:  Disregard. I just saw your other post.

Message 4 of 11
thomasjm99
Regular Contributor

@Aramos wrote:

I can share some similar context with a situation on DWs CRs. She was an AU on an account that was mine that had some lates on it and then was later closed by the OC. We had the OC remove her as an AU and she had the TL removed from EXP and TU within 30 days, but it's been almost 6 months now and EQ has still not removed the TL, even after disputing. 

I have some other "horror stories" dealing with EQ over the last 6-12 months as well so it's this poster's opinion based on experience that EQ is lagging behind and doing a poor job as of late. I will agree in your situation that the timing isn't quite right yet, though.

Message 5 of 11
Aramos
New Contributor

That is what I thought as well. I am uncertain as to hwhat the timeline is but I definitely thought it would be a lot longer. The part that confused me was since it came off TU and EX so fast. Thanks for the next steps afterward though in regard to disputing. That helps me a lot!

Message 6 of 11
Aramos
New Contributor

Well first thanks for responding! I sincerely hope it goes away for you guys. I hope mine does not take as long either as I need as clean a report as I can get asap.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Aramos, was wondering if you were succesful in removing the MDS trade line from your EQ report? This exact situation happened to me. MDS said they submitted request to remove the trade line in April and it could take up to 60 days for CRAs to update my report. EX and TU were almost immediate to delete, but it's almost 90 days now and EQ is still reporting the collection. I spoke with MDS and they stated they sent the request to all three CRAs on April 11th. 

Message 8 of 11
mja1970
Valued Member

Equifax is, hands down, the absolute worst of the three credit bureaus and they almost ALWAYS take a good bit longer to update than the other two.  

That being said, I'm not really sure why they told you that it would only take a week to update.  They may send the updated information to the bureaus within a week, but the bureaus are the ones who actually have to update it, and that generally takes around 30-45 days in most cases, but then again, it's Equifax.....

Message 9 of 11
Aramos
New Contributor

@AnonymousYes, on the most recent report from MyFico, which is the start of this month, it is finally gone.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.