Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections

Good afternoon,

I have 3 medical collections reporting: $320, $656 and $636. When the bills were incurred in 2016, I was uninsured and applied for charity assistance through the hospital. The bill was written off completely with $0 balance.

At the time, I thought it covered all related charges but these collections are for the radiologist, anesthesiologist and ER physician at the hospital. I contacted each of the providers about it and they told me today that they would also do a charity write off if I can prove the hospital did. No problem; the hospital is sending me proof by snail mail.

Once those balances are applied to charity and written off, will Credit Control delete the collections from my credit report or do I need to do something different?

Thank you,
D
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Medical collections

If those providers participate in Hospital's charity program, they should recall collections after receiving a proof you were granted charity care at 100%.
At my place of employment, we're participating in similar program, and have to accept write offs when charity is granted.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your time! I mentioned my situation to the hospital billing agent and she said they started automatically notifying these providers in 2017 because patient's didn't know to do it. Figures!

I'll wait to get the proof from Sentara and then send it on to the providers.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Welcome. 

It should work. I know we get slapped if we try to collect from charity care patients even when we're not notified. 

Please come back and update the thread once you get a response. It will be a valuable DP for those in similar situation. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.