Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections

Hi all, spoke with hospital yesterday about settling 3 old collections with them, so as to make sure they don't come back as I know they are mine. Just pulled my reports earlier that day, it said I had 3 with this hospital, yet when I spoke to the hospital she said only saw 2. Looked it up by last 4 of my ss,  and possibly other name. What do YALL suggest that I do? I even pulled it up while on the phone, where I  saw it. HELP ME TO GET THIS RIGHT PLEASE!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Medical collections

Well what did they say? Offer to pay them in return to recall them.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, Experian is showing 3 collections with them,  yet hospital saying only showing 2 on there endScreenshot_20200710-095604_Chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last 3 for university hospital. 

Message 4 of 6
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried to see what info is provided? Partial account numbers, amounts with dates? Something that can be used to track the missing one down?

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Take care of the two that they have, then dispute the third if it comes back verified you will need to escalate to the Managers office or even the office of the CEO

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.