Hi all, spoke with hospital yesterday about settling 3 old collections with them, so as to make sure they don't come back as I know they are mine. Just pulled my reports earlier that day, it said I had 3 with this hospital, yet when I spoke to the hospital she said only saw 2. Looked it up by last 4 of my ss, and possibly other name. What do YALL suggest that I do? I even pulled it up while on the phone, where I saw it. HELP ME TO GET THIS RIGHT PLEASE!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Well what did they say? Offer to pay them in return to recall them.
Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.
Take care of the two that they have, then dispute the third if it comes back verified you will need to escalate to the Managers office or even the office of the CEO