Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical with CA within SOL, what to do?

tag
Candikane
New Contributor

Medical with CA within SOL, what to do?

Americollect for $511, says opened 8/1/14 and SOL here (WI) is 6 years. Should I DV? Contact OC to see if it can be pulled back and paid? Leave it alone? We can afford it but more comfortably in 2-3 payments.

Hoping for a USDA home loan in the next year. This will be the only collection and is only on Ex. I say will be as there are defaulted student loans but those will soon be rehabbed.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Medical with CA within SOL, what to do?

@Candikane wrote:
Americollect for $511, says opened 8/1/14 and SOL here (WI) is 6 years. Should I DV? Contact OC to see if it can be pulled back and paid? Leave it alone? We can afford it but more comfortably in 2-3 payments.

Hoping for a USDA home loan in the next year. This will be the only collection and is only on Ex. I say will be as there are defaulted student loans but those will soon be rehabbed.

You can do that but I doubt that they can still pull it after 6 years. It cannot hurt to try

If they dont, contact CA and set up payment arrangements. Most CA will allow balance to be paid over a period of time because in the end, all they want is money 

Also, here is the suggestion by gdale on how to handle medical debt 

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.