Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicredit

tag
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Medicredit

Does anyone know if medicredit is a debt purchaser or if they just collect for OC ? I have a bill on CR that I thought insurance paid for my daughter when she was diagnosed  with diabetes (almost 3 yrs ago) should I attempt to email GW to hosp??   Or what should I do? This was the E.R. Hosp we were there about 2 hours then she was taken by ambulance to the childrens hosp where we stayed for 4 days, childrens hosp advocates handles all billing stuff (as we were uninsured (first time ever and lo and behold an extreme emergency) all bills were covered by california childrens services, I did receive one call from hosp and told them billing info and never got a call back so I thought everything was fine. I'd bet the insurance wouldn't cover it now sincthis been so. Long...    Any advice? The bill is not small therefore pif is unattainable. 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: Medicredit

If you gave them the proper insurance information and the facility failed to bill it properly, the facility cannot legally collect the debt. They are held to timely filing standards and if they fail to do so they lose out on payment (usually one year). I would call them and advise them of this fact, stating that it is their fault that they did not file the claim within the time frame permitted. Did they correctly process any bills from any part of that hospital stay through the Cali health program (this would prove that at least one dept had the info)? If you provided them the correct information, they are out the money. If you failed to provide this information to them, then you could be liable. However, sometimes the hospital can file late if there is new information (they would need to provide documentation explaining the late filing). I would call them and talk it over, and make sure you tell them that you will be notifying the state insurance commissioner that they are not following the law (only take this route if you are SURE you gave them the information and they insist you are liable). If they are adamant that you did not tell them, you could offer to pay for the bill if they agree to pull it from collections. Get it in writing first. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Yes other hospital, ambulance services, dr fees everything was paid. Ill call them I may email as well to have in writing as well.

Eq 675
TU 681

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 3 of 13
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Ok so,I called hospital had them pull up old account to read notes, they have in notes that I called and told them my daughter was on state medical and in the notes said they couldn't find her in medical system, she says they retried then sent me notice and then says that I called again and confirmed she was covered for medical. So I called medical insurance office the case worker said all other payments were paid at that time there were was no lapse in coverage.  I am going to ask for a form to allow them to reaubmit the bill, but idk if it'll work.  So I called medicredit, the lady was relatively nice, she pulled up account and has in her notes as that I notified hospital medical insurance coverage. She said I was called by hospital and told since they couldn't find insurance in system that I agreed to cash pay.  I said no mamm in your notes it states I told you there was insurance coverage.  

So question is,,, what the heck do I do if I can't get insurance to pay a bill that is a couple years old? The CA lady said they will continue to hold me responsible if the insurance doesn't pay. Which IMHO her notes prove I made every effort to notify them of her insurance coverage, and it was there negligence in billing department. 

i know this sounds more of me rambling thoughts.. But any suggestions? 

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 4 of 13
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I had a similar situation where the insurance filed it incorrectly, failed to answer questions for verification for insurance and I even had the insurance try to call their office. They never returned any calls. I sucked it up, used my fsa left over money for the year and paid, then disputed and it was deleted.

Had 2 medicredit that also mysteriously dissapeared from my report after a year.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 13
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

pisses me off its a 5500 bill .. I can't pay that right now, especially just because  they sucked in the billing department, the other 40k in bills were paid by all the other drs and the ambulance and the other hosp but then.This one acts like I just didn't want to have it paid... Lol that makes a ton of sense!!! Freaking people..... 

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 6 of 13
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

YAY.. talked to the insurance manager today, They are allowing hospital to resubmit the bill ! Once that is done Medicredit says they will withdraw from CR as she had medical coverage. ...  Oddly Medicredit was way nicer than hospital (who I had to request itemized bill from due to hippa rules) youd think it would have been opposite.. Im Hoping/praying once this is paid and deleted that I get a nice bump in score as this is only recent (2 years old) CA the others I have are over 4/ 5 y/o CO's

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 7 of 13
miamibeachblues
New Visitor

Please post your MediCredit complain here:

Mod cut.

Message 8 of 13
e35
Regular Contributor

Re: Medicament

Medicredit collects for the OC.  IF you can prove that you were cover at the time . They will take it off your report. Plus they are very nice people to work with.  I had medicredit as a collection also twice on each report, once I prove that my daughter had medical coverage. I fax them over my daughter print out of medical coverage The company took it off my credit report in a week. Hope this helps?

Starting FICO scores EX- 422 Feb/2013

NEW 12/13/13 FICO scores
Ex- 638, EQ- 658, TU- 646

Almost there Goal 660 across the board
Message 9 of 13
AllThingsRPossible
New Contributor

Re: Medicament

On goodness congrats! The 2 reps I spoke with these past 2 was were not nice at all. Actually prob the worst.  I have a $216 collection I would love to Pfd if someone would take it. I also had insurance at the time.  Can u plse let me know the conversation u had or letter written that  got it deleted. Did u just tell them u had insurance...ect. Any help is extremely appreciated! U could pm or write in the forum to help someone else. Even the contact person/number u worked with.....

tu-609

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 650

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.