Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medicredit

I have been trying to go the pay for delete route with medicredit, however they say that they have a new policy that forbids them from doing this. Has anybody had any recent success in getting them to budge?

Also I came across an article that states if you get them to agree to stop reporting to the three credit bureaus and then challenge the report, they will contact the collections agency, the CA will not verify the account, and will the bureaus will then delete the accounts. Anybody had any luck doing this? If so, how did you go about doing it? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medicredit

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to go the pay for delete route with medicredit, however they say that they have a new policy that forbids them from doing this. Has anybody had any recent success in getting them to budge? I haven't heard of them, have you done a forum search? You can always PIF and try a good will campaign. 

Also I came across an article that states if you get them to agree to stop reporting to the three credit bureaus and then challenge the report, they will contact the collections agency, the CA will not verify the account, and will the bureaus will then delete the accounts. This can happen. Anybody had any luck doing this? I haven't done this personally. If so, how did you go about doing it? Thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A dispute must identify a specific inaccuracy in reporting by the debt collector, and the dispute is then restricted only to the verification, correction, or possible deletion of the item that is subject of the dispute.

It is unclear from the post as to what would be the specific inaccuracy that would the subject of your dispute.

Regardless, unless the inaccuracy is shown to be the debt itself, then there is no issue that would require the CRA to delete the entire collection based on the dispute.  If you dispute and the debt collector does not verify or corrrect, the CRA will resolve the dispute either by verifying, correcting, or deleting if they cannot verify or correct the item under dispute.  That does not involve deletion of other info, or of the entire collection.

The article appears to be based on a basic misunderstanding of the dispute process and its requirements.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.