cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Card Does this mean I am denied....

tag
mripguru
New Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Card Does this mean I am denied....

Just curious - How does one get an invite to Merrick?

Message 11 of 40
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Daisy10 wrote:

I am desperately trying to rebuild my credit post Ch.7 discharge in September 2012 and I received a pre approved letter in the mail today for a Merrick Bank Visa for $700.00 which will double with 7 on time payments.  I decided to apply for it and I got the message that said my application was submitted and they will contact me soon.  Does this mean that I am denied???

Call them when you get a chance. I had a weird incident with Merrick Bank last year when i got sent a pre-approved offer from them. I applied and got the message that they needed to review the app. To my surprise i got a denial letter from them (cannot remember what were the reasons). Didnt care about it much. Then about a month later i get another letter from them saying that due to computer processing error my application would be approved and eventually got the card in the mail about a week later. Good luck and keep us posted!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 40
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Any update?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 13 of 40
Daisy10
Valued Member

I called today and the CSR told me that my application is being reviewed.  She said that it could take 2 to 4 weeks to get an answer because apparently Merrick Bank sent out so many invitations and the response has been so great.  I felt a little more encouraged after speaking to her that I may get approved because she said that if I wasn't approved, I would have gotten an automatic denial.  However, it stills dosen't guarantee that I'm approved either. Hopefully I'll hear soon and have some good news to share.  

Message 14 of 40
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Best of luck to you!  Merrick was my 2nd card in my rebuilding process.  I initially got a $700 CL, and after 6 months they auto increased it to $1400.

Message 15 of 40
Daisy10
Valued Member

Thank you.  I'll update as soon as I know the outcome!

Message 16 of 40
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Fingers Crossed Daisy!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 17 of 40
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED!

Message 18 of 40
ohamberx0

I received the offer last Thursday and I jumped on it. It does have a HIR, but it's the only card that offered no annual fee,no set up fee,etc.

I did the application process online and was approved. You asked about how long it until it shows on credit report. I'm not sure about reporting, but on Friday Equifax notified me of the inquiry, and yesterday (Monday) I was notified of a new open account with a $500 limit from them.

Hoping I should get the card within a week or so Smiley Happy

Good luck!!

Message 19 of 40
vtskier
Valued Member

I just applied and got the "you'll hear from us" msg. i called the bank and was transferred to the credit dept b/c transunion insists that there is an apt # on my address. I advised this to the csr; she put me on hold and said i can call tomorrow and get the status or wait 5 days for the "decision to arrive by mail". After reading that this bank had a fit about CURRENT customers opening a lot of account, i'm thinking this is a no go because of all the store accounts i've opened recently. would gladly trade them for this offer. its the 1st i've received that doesn't have an apr of 29.99 (this is 25.45) and offers $700 initial. if approved i'll let you all know but after realizing this offer is "pre-selected" and not "preapproved", I'm thinking this one is gonna tank.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.