Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick/First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick/First Premier

Hi everyone,

I have a charge off on my credit report with all three CB's from Merrick Bank. Two of the CB's showed charge off and closed, the other showed charged off and open. I noticed the open account was being calculated in my utilization. I thought something was fishy since never had an account with Merrick Bank and 2 CB's said closed and one said open, so I disputed it. It came back as verified. I called them and was told they acquired the account from First Premier. I stated that I do not remember having a First Premier card and was told the card was issued in either 2008 or 2009. I looked at my credit report and it states DOFD is 2011. I was laid-off in 2009 and went back to school full-time. I was a single mom with very little income, therefore, I know I did not make a payment in 2011 to a credit card company. They updated my report when I disputed it and my score dropped almost 50 points. I do not want to call them because I am afraid of what it will do and I have read that no one has been successful in having Merrick delete the account. I don't know what to do. I do not believe this is accurate, but I cannot afford to hurt my score anymore. 

Help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick/First Premier

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a charge off on my credit report with all three CB's from Merrick Bank. Two of the CB's showed charge off and closed, the other showed charged off and open. I noticed the open account was being calculated in my utilization. I thought something was fishy since never had an account with Merrick Bank and 2 CB's said closed and one said open, so I disputed it. It came back as verified. I called them and was told they acquired the account from First Premier. I stated that I do not remember having a First Premier card and was told the card was issued in either 2008 or 2009. I looked at my credit report and it states DOFD is 2011. I was laid-off in 2009 and went back to school full-time. I was a single mom with very little income, therefore, I know I did not make a payment in 2011 to a credit card company. They updated my report when I disputed it and my score dropped almost 50 points. I do not want to call them because I am afraid of what it will do and I have read that no one has been successful in having Merrick delete the account. I don't know what to do. I do not believe this is accurate, but I cannot afford to hurt my score anymore. 

Help?

Is it possible this is a case of ID Theft? If so, use FCRA 605B to get it removed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick/First Premier

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

Help?

Is it possible this is a case of ID Theft? If so, use FCRA 605B to get it removed.

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.