Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Assistance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Assistance

Wanted to get everyone opinion on a collection account I am currently working on.  I received a call at work from a "warrant server" that I had a case filed against me and wanted to deliver paper work along with a reference ID and phone number.  Called the number, found out it was Midland for a card that I never had.  I told them as much and they offered to call the original creditor with me on the line to verify the debt.  Long story short, original company could not verify the debt and had no record and the Midland representative asked me if I wanted to pay the amount.  I said I clearly have no debt with you so no I will not be paying it.  Checking my credit report, I do have another account with midland with a similar balance to what he said with a different OC.  This debt was assigned 11/2014 and I have the means to pay it.  Would you suggest I dispute with them due to not being able to verify the original debt, or PIF and requesting a deletion? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Assistance

Updating this as I just saw the policy linked by another poster-

We have updated our credit reporting practices. As a result of these updates we will stop credit reporting on accounts that are both:

1. Paid in Full or Paid in Full for less than the full balance; and
  2. More than 2 years old based on time since the date of delinquency

Ill contact Midland now.  Thanks for the wealth of knowledge on this board!

Message 2 of 3
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland Assistance

@Anonymous wrote:

Updating this as I just saw the policy linked by another poster-

We have updated our credit reporting practices. As a result of these updates we will stop credit reporting on accounts that are both:

1. Paid in Full or Paid in Full for less than the full balance; and
  2. More than 2 years old based on time since the date of delinquency

Ill contact Midland now.  Thanks for the wealth of knowledge on this board!

Hi,

I was wondering if you every paid the collections as I have one and plan to call and pay it off. But want to see if anyone actually had success with it being removed.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.