Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Deletion

tag
thuythuythuy
Established Member

Midland Credit Deletion

I am in the process of a loan and my closing is soon.  It was discovered that Midland was sending me settlement offers for a debt that I already paid in Feb 2009. 

Long story short, I wrote an email to some important folks at MGM requesting that they rectify a mistake that the collection agency has made. I quoted "I'm requesting that you follow through with your pledge for Consumer Bill of Rights, under Article 2: Resolving Accounts quickly and honestly, under section E, where if there's a mistake, you will devote time, attention and effort to resolve it promptly and appropriately."

I received an email from their compliance department requesting that I call them, in which, they agreed to delete the tradeline and will send me a letter as well to the credit bureau showing this. *woot woot*

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 05/15/10
Current Score: 663 (EQ) 06/27/10
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Midland Credit Deletion

Congrats on your impending closing and getting the deletion.
Message 2 of 4
EmmaBelle
Established Member

This happened to me just today with Midland! It was an old account I had paid off back in 2011 but its still been reporting.  I paid many back in 2011 so I didn't remember this one specifically and thought maybe I'd just missed it. The man on the phone was amazingly nice and said moments after pulling up my account that its been settled and should no longer be reported. That he was sending all three credit bureau's to terminate the tradeline and that he was very sorry for any inconvience that had caused me. 

Congrats Smiley Happy

In the rebuilding phase!
(From USAA Credit Monitoring)
2011- Ex 515, Eq 515, TU 515
2012- Ex 535, Eq 545, TU 547
2013 current- Ex 604, Eq ?, TU 604 -pulled off myFico
Message 3 of 4
DreaIYIs
Established Member

Hmmm wat you guys suggest for me. I paid convergent outsourcing that midland gave the account to one of their agency, convergent sent me a 50% settlement i pay it in may but on my credit reports it midland just put i paid half incorrect reporting

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: Fico Scores EQ-628 EX-628 TU-595
Goal Score: 760+

CAP 1 Plat $500 CL FIRST PROGRESS $400 CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.