Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deletes!

tag
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Midland Deletes!

I emailed the CEO a GW for a paid account and he relayed my email to one of his associates. Within 5 days, Deleted from Experian and Equifax. Now just waiting for Transunion. 

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Deletes!

Congrats! That's awesome news. I've been trying to GW them with no luck. This gives me hope!
Message 2 of 12
golo
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats!

Message 3 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boqorka wrote:

I emailed the CEO a GW for a paid account and he relayed my email to one of his associates. Within 5 days, Deleted from Experian and Equifax. Now just waiting for Transunion. 

I have been trying GW letters with them for several months. Will you please PM me with the email address you used? Thanks!

Also, if you don't mind me asking what all did you put in your letter? 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

good job i hate midland seriouslly ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 12
LouisvilleStunner
Established Member

If possible, could you please PM me with the e-mail address and a few key points that you put in the e-mail?? I would really appreciate it!!! Yay to you!!!

Cap One MC Platinum - Opened 12/2014 $300 --> $1,300 6/2015
Cap One QS - Opened 12/2014 $300 ----> $1,300 6/2015
Scores: FICO - 547 10/2015
Goal: 600 by 10/2016
Message 7 of 12
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Many thanks to all of you for the congrats. God knows I couldn't have done it without the folks here at MyFico. I just sent the CEO of MCM Mr. Brandon Black an email with a sample GW letter I found here, and he forawrded to one of his reps:

Dear Sir,

My name is Boqorka and I paid in full a debt that Midland Credit Management was collecting on for T-Mobile about a year ago. The final payment for the debt was made in full this past January. My MCM account number as it is showing on my credit file is XXXXXXXXXX . I am writing to you today to ask if you would kindly consider removing this account from my credit reports. I know this may seem like an odd request, but at the time I incurred this debt I was going through some financial hardships. I have since had a clean credit report, and this collection account on my credit reports is my main derogatory item. I really appreciate your consideration and thank you very much for your time. I can be reached at (XXX)XXX-XXXX. Thank You!

Within an hour I get a response from MCM via email which read:

Midland Credit Management Inc. (MCM) has recently received an inquiry and/or request for information from this e-mail address.  It is MCM's policy not to respond to inquiries of this type through e-mail to protect the privacy of those we do business with.  If you intended to communicate with MCM, and would like to discuss the matters raised in the prior e-mail, please call 1-800-825-8131 extension XXXX between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday, and someone will be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Please visit http://www.midlandcreditonline.com/privacy-policy-and-state-disclosures/ to view Midland Credit Management’s privacy policy and state disclosure information.

Thank you,

I'm sorry if I can't PM everyone the contact info but all I did was email the CEO of MCM (Mr. Brandon Black) and he forwarded my request to one of his reps. If you google or yahoo mr Brandon Black, you will find his email within the first. MCM is a pain the arse but you just have to stay persistent. My advice to you is just to write the names of the persons you get in contact with for future reference. One of their reps lied to me about a PFD and might have cost them their job. 

Please note that it is Midland Credit’s policy to report all accounts accurately, and Midland Credit has a strict business policy in which it does not extend settlement offers that result in a deletion of the account from a consumer’s credit file.  A review of Midland Credit’s business records indicate that it has been accurately reporting the above-referenced account as “Account paid in full, was a collection account” as required by the three major credit reporting agencies. If Midland Credit were to delete the account, its correct and accurate status would not be reflected.

With that said, the information that Mr. Who has provided regarding this alleged conduct of employees of Midland Credit is being investigated.  Midland Credit fully respects consumers’ rights and privacy and has established policies and procedures designed to protect those rights.  However, if, in spite of Midland Credit’s best efforts to ensure professional and courteous communications at all times, it is determined that a violation of company policy may have occurred, the same will be addressed and dealt with in a prompt and appropriate manner.

Midland Credit considers consumer complaints a serious matter.  Please assure Mr. who that as a member of the Better Business Bureau of San Diego in good standing, Midland Credit is a reputable firm that prides itself on the protection of consumer rights.  Smiley LOL Midland Credit strives to ensure that its representatives treat consumers with the highest level of courtesy and professionalism.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 12
DOTROY64

Can I have address

thanks

holding up a loan

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.