Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Funding???

tag
mateotyson
Established Member

Midland Funding???

I had a Capital One CC that was opened in 2003, I was 19.  Long since charged off and closed.  5 months ago I get a collection settlement request from Midland Funding.  Where do I start? Is this passed SOL?  Will this collection account stay on now for 7 years?  How do I start to attack this?  I can provide more information if needed, any help appreciated.  I have a USAA CreditCheck Monitoring subscription, so I can dispute.  I just don't know on what grounds to even start.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mateotyson
Established Member

Re: Midland Funding???

Also, Capital One first transferred this debt to EAF, then they transferred to Midand Funding.  EAF is only showing up on one Experian.  How do I dispute EAF to have them dropped off?

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You say it was opened in 2003 and long since charged off.  How long?  What is the DOFD?  This is what sets the clock for the SOL and the CRTP.  Also, the SOL depends on your state.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
mateotyson
Established Member

From what I can tell from the CR, the first deliquency was a late notice in early 2008. Charged off in 2009.  Then sold to Equable Ascent Fiancial, then sold to Midland Funding.  Capital One is closed and states transferred debt, as well as EAF.  Midland is showing open since September 2012.  How can 2 CA and the OC be on the CR all tied to the same debt?  Texas has a 4 year SOL I believe.

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They can all be on your CR, however both CAs can't be reporting a balance.  I'd send DVs to both CAs and see what comes back.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
mateotyson
Established Member

thanks for the heads up!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.