Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Give me a break

tag
brindle26
Regular Contributor

Midland Give me a break

This is the response I got from both my DV and PFD letters. I never mentioned dispute. Cap One I wanted varification of the amount and account number and the WaMu letter was a PFD. Now what the heck do I do? Am tempted to just forget it and take my chances that the mortgage underwriters will be understanding. What I want to do is write anyone I think my be sympathetic, FTC, Attorney General, the three bureaus, congressmen, senators , whoever.

mem
midland credit management. Inc.
P.O. BOX 939069
SAN DIEGO, CA 92193-9019

02/11/2013

Contact Information: Tel 800-825-8131
                                   Fax 800-306-4443
Hours of Operation:      M-Th 6am-7pm
                                       Fri-Sat 6am-5pm PST

Original Creditor:       CAPITAL ONE BANK

Original Account No: XXXXXXX

MCM Account No.: XXXXXX

BRETT x   XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
SEATTLE WA 98125

Dear BRETT
The purpose of this letter is to advise you of the results of our investigation of your dispute of the credit reporting of your above-referenced account pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Please be advised that we have determined that our credit reporting of the above-referenced account is accurate or we have updated it with the three major credit bureaus to make it accurate. Please note that it typically takes 30-45 days for the credit reporting agencies to update your account. Further, we will continue to request that the three major credit bureaus list the status of this account as "Disputed."
If you have additional documentation or information regarding your dispute, please send it to:

Attention: Consumer Support Services
P.O. Box 939069 San Diego, CA 92193
We can be reached at 800-825-8131 Ext. 32980 should you have any further questions. In the meantime, we have requested that the three major credit bureaus change the status of this account to "Disputed." As requested by you, we will no longer be contacting you regarding this account by phone or mail unless it is to further respond to a dispute by you under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Sincerely,

Consumer Support Services

PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE FOR IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland Give me a break

I paid Midland in 2/2012 . I started with lettters in 12/2012. They refused and sent me the same letter that u received. I also recived "disputed" status comments on my account with them on my CRs. At that point, i never disputed, just asked them for a GW delete. 
But after that, I did dispute in 1/2013 and they deleted from all 3 CRs. From my situation and from what ive gathered from other ppl about Midland is that once u pay, then dispute, theyll delete. . . 

Best of luck. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@brindle26 wrote:

This is the response I got from both my DV and PFD letters. I never mentioned dispute. Cap One I wanted varification of the amount and account number and the WaMu letter was a PFD. Now what the heck do I do? Am tempted to just forget it and take my chances that the mortgage underwriters will be understanding. What I want to do is write anyone I think my be sympathetic, FTC, Attorney General, the three bureaus, congressmen, senators , whoever.

mem
midland credit management. Inc.
P.O. BOX 939069
SAN DIEGO, CA 92193-9019

02/11/2013

Contact Information: Tel 800-825-8131
                                   Fax 800-306-4443
Hours of Operation:      M-Th 6am-7pm
                                       Fri-Sat 6am-5pm PST

Original Creditor:       CAPITAL ONE BANK

Original Account No: XXXXXXX

MCM Account No.: XXXXXX

BRETT x   XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
SEATTLE WA 98125

Dear BRETT
The purpose of this letter is to advise you of the results of our investigation of your dispute of the credit reporting of your above-referenced account pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Please be advised that we have determined that our credit reporting of the above-referenced account is accurate or we have updated it with the three major credit bureaus to make it accurate. Please note that it typically takes 30-45 days for the credit reporting agencies to update your account. Further, we will continue to request that the three major credit bureaus list the status of this account as "Disputed."
If you have additional documentation or information regarding your dispute, please send it to:

Attention: Consumer Support Services
P.O. Box 939069 San Diego, CA 92193
We can be reached at 800-825-8131 Ext. 32980 should you have any further questions. In the meantime, we have requested that the three major credit bureaus change the status of this account to "Disputed." As requested by you, we will no longer be contacting you regarding this account by phone or mail unless it is to further respond to a dispute by you under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Sincerely,

Consumer Support Services

PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE FOR IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION

I would send them another DV and make it very clear this is NOT a dispute but a request for validation under FDCPA 809, and to please remove any dispute annotations from your CR. 

Even though it is a dispute of the account with the CA it is NOT a dispute under FCRA.

Message 3 of 9
gummiebear
New Contributor

I heard you say ' I am tempted to say forget it' ... No way, don't give up. It's a pain but persistence is the key.
Message 4 of 9
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

not trying to derail the thread, i just thought it redundant to start a new one just for this question that would probably help others also.

Please PM me any EXECS email/phone for midland...i just dont think i can take another phone conversation with "the supervisors" i get transferred to.

THANKS!

Message 5 of 9
jmoney3457
New Contributor

This appears to be their parent company/execs.  Try GW to one-http://www.encorecapital.com/about/management-team

Message 6 of 9
Sass2009
Valued Member

I was just about to post about this. I recently paid my bill, disputed it, and had it deleted. Super excited about it. Thanks for posting about it.

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 7 of 9
anycegyrl

Did you settle or PIF?

I have two accounts with them and I was just wondering.

Starting MyFico Score: 579
Current My FicoScore: 571
Current Credit Karma: 626
Current Quizzle: 596

Goal Score: 620

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They apparently reported to the CRAs that you filed a direct dispute with them.

If your letter was a DV, then it is not a dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8). 

However, rectiifying the inaccuracy is a catch-22.  You could file a direct dispute with them over the accuracy of their reporting, but that would result in the creation of a "real" dispute.  You apparently want your file clear of any pending disute flags.

To avoid a dispute yet bring their violation of the FCRA to the forefront, I would file a formal complaint with the FTC,asserting inaccurate reporting that is apparently willfulliy inaccurate.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.