Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland LLC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland LLC

Hi all
I have an open collection with midland on my credit file.
The OC deleted years ago when I sent a debt validation.
Midland open the account in June 2015 (3 years, 5 months ago.) I’ve disputed in the past and it’s still there.
Any advice on getting It deleted?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Midland LLC

Pay them - either in full or settled amount.

They have a public policy for deleting collections if the debt is:

(1) Paid in Full or Paid in Full for less than the full balance; and
(2) More than 2 years old based on time since the date of delinquency.

I can confirm they abide by this policy.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all
I have an open collection with midland on my credit file.
The OC deleted years ago when I sent a debt validation.
Midland open the account in June 2015 (3 years, 5 months ago.) I’ve disputed in the past and it’s still there.
Any advice on getting It deleted?

When was the original DOFD?  What is the SOL in your state?  Being close or past SOL can effect what might be best based on who has leverage.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD was 2011 I think SOL in Massachusetts is 6 years?
Midland has date opened as 2015, which date matters? OC DOFD Or when Midland aquired the debt?
Message 4 of 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

The statute for reporting is 7.5 years after the OC DOFD (though it usually falls off at the 7 year mark) - not when the collection agency acquired the debt.  What was the month of the 2011 DOFD?  If DOFD was in 2011, then the collection should fall off this year.  

SOL doesn't determine how long a collection remains on your reports -- that just establishes a deadline for collecting a debt.   

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 7
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
DOFD was 2011 I think SOL in Massachusetts is 6 years?
Midland has date opened as 2015, which date matters? OC DOFD Or when Midland aquired the debt?

Depending on the exact date in 2011, these accounts should be removed from your file now or very soon.  As far as SOL goes, you must be past it then if my math is correct.  Just check this, find out as it is critical.  If past SOL they can not sue you and if they try it can be thrown out.  If it were me, I would not contact them.  (if you do for some reason, do not admit the debt is your or offer to settle, pay, make arrangements etc.)  Again, if DOFD was in any month of 2011 SOL has passed.  You have all the leverage and these will be off your reports soon.  Though you still owe the debt, Midland has no leverage at all at this point.  Again, verify the DOFD.    I suspect you can start requesting deletion or early deletion now.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being that you owe the debt, and that if you plan on a mortgage or other large purchase in the future that will require it to be paid (and on the report or not, a mortgage underwriter will see it), you could just pay the debt now (push hard to settle for as little as possible), and watch its record auto-delete from your reports in the next 30-45 days. As stated above, that is their company policy, and like the other poster, I can confirm personally that they WILL delete it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.