Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - Removal after Settlement

tag
magundus
Established Member

Midland - Removal after Settlement

I am wondering if any of you have had much success with getting Midland removed from your cr after settling. I have 3 accounts that have all been settled and would like to do whatever I can to get them removed. It seems there are a variety of avenues one can take when disputing. I am interested in hearing the different ways each of you have tried to dispute and which ones worked and did not work. Did you supply any information to back your claim or did you just put everything in plain text? I am considering disputing for 3-4 reasons and  wonder if that would be best or just stick to one reason. Ideally, I am only wanting to dispute for a reason(s) that could potentially get the account removed. I'm interesting hearing if anyone else has had much success and what steps they took. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 673
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland - Removal after Settlement

Definitely look around in here. I remember a couple of years ago there was a rash of MCM removals. I can't remember if it was due to PFD success or GW requests. But I remember there was a whole herd of them.

Message 2 of 3
tmobileguy
New Contributor

Re: Midland - Removal after Settlement

I have 2 Midlands right now...one that is paid and one that isn't....so 6 total between all 3 CRA's....I have only gotten one paid removed from one CRA and it was about a month or two ago....Lexington Law firm somehow got it done...not sure if they did something special or just got lucky...but its definitely gone...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.