Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - Victory!!!!!!!!

tag
erlafontaine
Valued Member

Midland - Victory!!!!!!!!

So Midland was 1 of my last collection accounts I was working on getting deleted and after what felt like months I finally feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief.  I had an old T-mobile account which I only had for 30 days  and the bill was $200.....supposedly for ETF which was suppsed to be waived but  like many of us .....I just ignored it a few years ago and hoped it was paid. 

Sure enough Midland got hold of it...........and as you all know they are a NIGHTMARE! So I sent a PFD letter 1/9/2013 in which i requested them to validate if they dont accept my offer.   Well I got no response.  I sent a followup letter on 1/19.......no response.  I called them within a week and the guy i spoke to was very nasty and stated they are not required to validate nor do they PFD.  He also told me they will only validate if I show them where the law states they are required to validate!  So I fax that information to them the same day .........and I also left messages for 2 managers (who have never returned my calls).

Sure enough a week later I got a letter.........but still no validation. The letter stated If I wish to dispute the item i need to prove to THEM why I'm disputing!  by now I'm fuming and I start reading that this is their normal behavior with every accont. 

On 2/5 I filed a complaint with the BBB San Diego and the FTC .......well it took exactly 30 days as BB stated it would and I got their response today.  I also figured they may go in my favor because about 2 weeks after i filed the BBB complaint I noticed the Midland account had been deleted from their system on their website.  Anyway I received their response as follows (this is just part of the letter):

However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has acknowledged Ms. L*********’s dispute, ceased collection efforts and annotated the account as disputed, and began the process of verifying the debt.  Midland Credit has received documentation from the seller.  However, upon thorough review of the information provided by the seller, it has been determined that said information does not contain the necessary verification documentation for the above-referenced account.

Consequently, in accordance with Midland Credit’s consumer-first policy, and in the interest of providing the highest level of consumer satisfaction, Midland Credit has closed the above-referenced account.  There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting, or sale of the account.  Please note that Midland Credit has not reported the above-referenced account to the three major credit reporting agencies.

So Now Im just waiting to see it come off my reports but at least i have it in writing !

Keep in mind as well if you are looking at battling these people....read through past Midland complaints on BBB and see what the outcomes were.  I've noticed most of the victories seem to be with smaller T-Mobile accounts like under $300 .....T-mobile seems to have trouble verifying documentation on these accounts.  So if you fit that situation I would definitely file the complaint with BBB and FTC as well .............Good luck to all with Midland .....Im just over the moon right now !

Starting Score: Decem 2012 - 568 (EX) ?? (TU FICO) 464 (EQ FICO) 540 (TU) 511 (CREDIT KARMA) 549 (QUIZZLE) 608 (CREDIT SESAME)
Current Score: December 2013 - 633 (EX) 585 (TU FICO) 583 (EQ FICO) 611 (TU) 591 (CREDIT KARMA) 623 (QUIZZLE) 660 (CREDIT SESAME) 660 (CREDIT.COM)
Goal Score: 700 across the board - Hoping to buy a home by March 2014..All baddies removed except for one stubborn First Premier who refuses to take it off even though it's PIF! GRRR

In my wallet: Home Depot $500 | Buckle $250 | Express $500 | Loft $500 | VS $350

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland - Victory!!!!!!!!

Bump

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@erlafontaine wrote:

So Midland was 1 of my last collection accounts I was working on getting deleted and after what felt like months I finally feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief.  I had an old T-mobile account which I only had for 30 days  and the bill was $200.....supposedly for ETF which was suppsed to be waived but  like many of us .....I just ignored it a few years ago and hoped it was paid. 

Sure enough Midland got hold of it...........and as you all know they are a NIGHTMARE! So I sent a PFD letter 1/9/2013 in which i requested them to validate if they dont accept my offer.   Well I got no response.  I sent a followup letter on 1/19.......no response.  I called them within a week and the guy i spoke to was very nasty and stated they are not required to validate nor do they PFD.  He also told me they will only validate if I show them where the law states they are required to validate!  So I fax that information to them the same day .........and I also left messages for 2 managers (who have never returned my calls).

Sure enough a week later I got a letter.........but still no validation. The letter stated If I wish to dispute the item i need to prove to THEM why I'm disputing!  by now I'm fuming and I start reading that this is their normal behavior with every accont. 

On 2/5 I filed a complaint with the BBB San Diego and the FTC .......well it took exactly 30 days as BB stated it would and I got their response today.  I also figured they may go in my favor because about 2 weeks after i filed the BBB complaint I noticed the Midland account had been deleted from their system on their website.  Anyway I received their response as follows (this is just part of the letter):

However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit has acknowledged Ms. L*********’s dispute, ceased collection efforts and annotated the account as disputed, and began the process of verifying the debt.  Midland Credit has received documentation from the seller.  However, upon thorough review of the information provided by the seller, it has been determined that said information does not contain the necessary verification documentation for the above-referenced account.

Consequently, in accordance with Midland Credit’s consumer-first policy, and in the interest of providing the highest level of consumer satisfaction, Midland Credit has closed the above-referenced account.  There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting, or sale of the account.  Please note that Midland Credit has not reported the above-referenced account to the three major credit reporting agencies.

So Now Im just waiting to see it come off my reports but at least i have it in writing !

Keep in mind as well if you are looking at battling these people....read through past Midland complaints on BBB and see what the outcomes were.  I've noticed most of the victories seem to be with smaller T-Mobile accounts like under $300 .....T-mobile seems to have trouble verifying documentation on these accounts.  So if you fit that situation I would definitely file the complaint with BBB and FTC as well .............Good luck to all with Midland .....Im just over the moon right now !

They don't have to validate.  They just cannot continue collection activity.

Message 3 of 4
erlafontaine
Valued Member

Well that was also part of the problem ......the account was officially under dispute status on 1/19 and on 2/1 and 2/4 they sent me 2 collection letters

Starting Score: Decem 2012 - 568 (EX) ?? (TU FICO) 464 (EQ FICO) 540 (TU) 511 (CREDIT KARMA) 549 (QUIZZLE) 608 (CREDIT SESAME)
Current Score: December 2013 - 633 (EX) 585 (TU FICO) 583 (EQ FICO) 611 (TU) 591 (CREDIT KARMA) 623 (QUIZZLE) 660 (CREDIT SESAME) 660 (CREDIT.COM)
Goal Score: 700 across the board - Hoping to buy a home by March 2014..All baddies removed except for one stubborn First Premier who refuses to take it off even though it's PIF! GRRR

In my wallet: Home Depot $500 | Buckle $250 | Express $500 | Loft $500 | VS $350

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.