Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland & Portfolio PFD

tag
IssacFair
Valued Member

Midland & Portfolio PFD

I've read that both Midland and Portfolio now do pay for delete (even with settled accounts). 

Is that still the case? 

I have an account with each that I want to settle and was hoping they still do PFD.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland & Portfolio PFD

I can't speak to Midland but with Portfolio Recovery, yes. If you go to their website there is a pop-up on the home page that mentions it and you can go to the FAQ's for more info. 

That said, it's probably still a good idea to get them to verify on the phone or in email. In my case I simply recorded the phone call and the agent I spoke with was more than happy to oblige.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland does as well, provided its at least 2 years since DoFD. It’s on their site also.
Message 3 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

Add Calvry to the list that will remove if paid or settled and the DOFD is at last 2 years.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 7
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Midland does as well, provided its at least 2 years since DoFD. It’s on their site also.

Indeed its their policy to do so as long as it's been 2 years since DOFD. Many success stories on here and it's on their website. Glad they're still honoring this and appears others are starting to follow. Good luck OP!

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrong thread

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Midland and Portfolio both PFD if DOFD is over two years. Still waiting on Portfolio, but Midland deleted in a week. Jefferson Capital also PFD after 2 years if anyone is wondering.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.