Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland cease and desist :/

tag
rclark
Established Member

Midland cease and desist :/

So midland and I have had a back in forth for a wile. I offer to pay the debt but they say they will not do a PFD, so I got tired of it and sent them a cease and desist letter. Well the calls and letters stopped for like 5 months but now they have started back up. Is there anything I can do thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Midland cease and desist :/

how much for the debt ?? how long ago ??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume you sent them written notice that they were to cease communications with you?

If so, any communication they initiate after receipt of the cease communication letter is a violation of FDCPA 805(c).

Send a formal complaint to the FTC, and a cc: to the debt collector.

The FTC will contact them regarding your alleged violation.

Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 9
rclark
Established Member

The debt is around 2,500 it has been right at 6 years and I sent them a letter certified mail. Thanks

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 9
rclark
Established Member

thanks sent a complaint to the FTC, what will happen now? also what is CC the Collection Agency? Thanks

Message 7 of 9
DiamondDan73
Regular Contributor

The FTC will do nothing for you personally. You want to contact a lawyer and sue them. The lawyer will take you case on contingincey and you will make a few bucks for your troubles. They will probably delete the TL as part of a settlement as well.
Started 11/2020 EQ 549 TU 580 EX 559
Currently 12/2020 EQ 541 TU 606 EX 576
2021 FICO Goal 680 on all 3
Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@rclark wrote:

thanks sent a complaint to the FTC, what will happen now? also what is CC the Collection Agency? Thanks

cc- means carbon copy.  At the bottom of the written complaint to the FTC you put   cc    Name of CA.  Then you send the CA a copy of the complaint.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.