Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland deleted, finally

tag
DubbaYou
Valued Member

Re: Midland deleted, finally

Where did you find the specific state laws and statutes?  I live in Florida and as far as I have been able to find out, our laws here are just as vague as the FDCPA. 

Message 11 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@DCole3g wrote:

Congrats, I just called them yesterday trying to get a deletion and no luck.  The account has been paid off for several years and it automatically came off one report, but is still reporting on TU and EX.

If it is past 7 years, dispute with TU and EX as obsolete. 

Message 12 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Chena83 wrote:

COngrat! I have been trying to get it delet for yrs. How did you do it? I sent emails, lettter through the mail and all.

It was the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions that put pressure on them. They seem to respond to 3rd party government agencies, so figure out who has authority over collection agencies in your state and complain about them. I'm sure they have done plenty to complain about. Perhaps they don't have a license to act as a collection agency in your state?

Message 13 of 24
tmobileguy
New Contributor

They are licensed in FL...I have checked already... I am going to try an ITS letter but with a different twist, I am going to offer them the fee I am going to pay an attorney as a settlement amount if they are willing to remove their improper tradeline. If they do not, I am going to sue them for the violations they are guilty of...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 24
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I would slay a barn full of kittens for a midland deletion....and I love kittens.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland bought my credit collection and I am trying to see if I can challenge them to get this debt off my credit report dates back to 2007? I have started with validation letter any suggestions?

Message 16 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@tmobileguy wrote:

They are licensed in FL...I have checked already... I am going to try an ITS letter but with a different twist, I am going to offer them the fee I am going to pay an attorney as a settlement amount if they are willing to remove their improper tradeline. If they do not, I am going to sue them for the violations they are guilty of...

In hindsight, I would NOT have sent them an ITS letter. At least not until I was very ready to actually file. If I were to send them an ITS letter I would include a copy of the complaint I was about to file.

I think the best approach with Midland is to get outside agency help. Read up on the laws, particularly the local debt collection laws in your state. I'm willing to assume Midland is violating some. Then take your case to the BBB, FTC, your local attorney general, local licensing board for collection agencies, etc. Be aggressive. Ask your state to join states like Texas in suing Midland. When Midland responds in their usual dismissive way, be sure you ask the agencies to hold them accountable and not to let them slink off. This is what ultimately worked for me. Took a few months.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just reviewing my credit report and noticed the Midland which is the debt buyer who purchased my debt from 2007 has actually placed on my credit file that I was 120 days late in Sept 2012 can they do that and shows that it was opened in 2010? Would that be violation of statute of limitation as I did not think they could re-start the delinquency date if no activity was made. The only thing I have done is dispute the debt but have not made any payments..any suggestions?
Message 18 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just reviewing my credit report and noticed the Midland which is the debt buyer who purchased my debt from 2007 has actually placed on my credit file that I was 120 days late in Sept 2012 can they do that and shows that it was opened in 2010? Would that be violation of statute of limitation as I did not think they could re-start the delinquency date if no activity was made. The only thing I have done is dispute the debt but have not made any payments..any suggestions?

My suggestion is to dispute with the CRAs directly. Dispute, request MOV, then find something else to dispute, request MOV, etc. You can dispute the debt entirely, you can dispute the dollar amount, you can dispute the account opened date, you can dispute the ability to list it 120 days late, I assume they are listing as factoring company, I would dispute that also. Pick a couple things to dispute, file it, wait, insist on MOV, then if it isn't deleted, pick two more things to dispute, etc.

Meanwhile, report them to your state for every violation you can find.

Message 19 of 24
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My suggestion is to dispute with the CRAs directly. Dispute, request MOV, then find something else to dispute, request MOV, etc. You can dispute the debt entirely, you can dispute the dollar amount, you can dispute the account opened date, you can dispute the ability to list it 120 days late, I assume they are listing as factoring company, I would dispute that also. Pick a couple things to dispute, file it, wait, insist on MOV, then if it isn't deleted, pick two more things to dispute, etc.

Meanwhile, report them to your state for every violation you can find.

Also, I doubt you ever agreed to terms with Midland. You can dispute the 30 day terms they tend to list.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.